generic caverject

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
wolfpacker

generic caverject

Postby wolfpacker » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:24 pm

According to the drugs . com page for caverject, the drug caverject will be going off-patent on April 21, 2015. In other words, a generic version of caverject should be available next month for the first time ever. Has anyone heard about this from their doc? I wonder how much it will cost? Heres the site with patent expiration info.

http://www.drugs.com/availability/gener ... rject.html
Early 30s with ED for years from penis enlargement stretching and jelqing. Implant by Dr Eid on 24 June 2021 with a Titan 24cm with +1cm RTE on one side and -1cm cut off on the other side

My journal: viewtopic.php?t=17202

JimStars

Re: generic caverject

Postby JimStars » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Wolf,

The thing is, Caverject is just a patented SYSTEM -- plus also the meth of storing the PGE-1 (it does have liquid in ampules and other methods too). I think docs love it because they can dispense them on their own (as a System not a drug that a Pharmacy has to dispense) and the profit margin must be really awesome).

And of course it is a way too complex system where a simple vial of PGE-1 solution and a syringe would do just fine.

But when it does go off patent I suppose that will reduce the ridiculous costs of each injection. Hopefully the same will happen for MUSE?? I would image that too should be going off-patent soon as it has been around equally long (and that too is just a SYSTEM which delivers PGE-1).

But even though PGE-1 powder is close to $1000 a gram (from Alibaba or places like that) ... I don't believe it is such high cost due to any patent -- it is just damned expensive to produce.

I just did a check and MUSE patent was Nov 19, 1996 .. Caverject was July 6, 1995.

The web page blanked out the expiration date but I am sure it is out there as you found one...

J

Found it:

MUSE:
Method and composition for treating erectile dysfunction
Patent 5,886,039
Issued: March 23, 1999
Inventor(s): Kock; Nils G. & Lycke; Gerhard
Patent expiration dates:
March 23, 2016

Caverject (although it is only for the 'stabilized PGE-1' method -- not the whole funky delivery system...
Stabilized prostaglandin E1
Patent 5,741,523
Issued: April 21, 1998
Inventor(s): Teagarden; Dirk L. & Petre; William J. & Gold; Paul M.
Patent expiration dates:
April 21, 2015
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Return to “Injections”