Time to ask some questions...

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
goodman

Time to ask some questions...

Postby goodman » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:56 pm

I’ve been watching and learning from you guys for a while. Now it’s time to ask some questions.
Unknown cause for severe ED for the last 5 years. (possibly heart surgery or medications that I take.) Tried all oral meds with no luck. Then went to pump with some success, but hopefully not the only
answer. Finally went to Uro and got set up for injections. Now comes the questions.

Received Super Trimix from the pharmacy to take with me for my appointment. The appointment was not with my uro Dr, but with someone else for the training. First injection at the clinic showed nothing.
Was told to increase by one unit each time until it works correctly.

The prescription was written to start at .3ml. I was using a ½ ml syringe which has a total of 50 units.
My first injection was for 3 units. After talking to my pharmacist, he says it should have been 30 units
on that size syringe, not 3. Does this sound right? Now I’m trying to decide if I should go back to
the uro's office for my first real size shot or try it on my own. I do have a small band-aid shop(small town ER) that is open 24 hrs. My uro’s clinic is a long trip…my neighbors are the deer and the black bear….

My trimix is Alprostadil 20mcg/Papaverine 30mg/Phentolamine Mesylate 2mg per ml.

Do these starting doses sound right to you guys? Thanks for your help in advance.

P

JimStars

Re: Time to ask some questions...

Postby JimStars » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Hey P!

Man o Man, the U.S. Education system has certainly let us all down as far as the metric system goes (or maybe it is just Math). Can't tell you how many posts I have read where people get all mixed up between point-mils and units and cc's .. mg .. mcg .. and what not.
And we're not talking about just any old overdose possibility are we? HUGE consequences to getting it wrong by 10 times the amount! At least you were 10 times LESS... lucky you.

But also the U.S. education system never taught us about syringes and units either so we are all forgiven about confusion on what a Unit is.

I was wondering what Super Trimix was -- thanks for the numbers -- yes that is the strong stuff @ 20mcg/ml PGE-1. Yes I suppose you could try 30 units .. but sounds a bit much for the first shot. Maybe 10 or 15 would be better for the first time.

I have ULTRA Trimix (I just made up that name) ... which has 50mcg/ml and I am using around 20 units per shot and that is easily good for 3+ hours. Probably you don't want to go that long the first time... just an hour of some good wood.

Yeah, just do it yourself. All that stuff about Doctors monitoring is just extra money in the bank -- for them. As long as you have the technique down you are all set to strike out on your own, so to speak.

Report back in on successes ..

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

antelope

Re: Time to ask some questions...

Postby antelope » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello P,

I think you have the unit/ml/cc business just about right. A standard insulin syringe is 100 units = 1 cc = 1 ml. A 50 unit syringe = 0.5 cc = 0.5 ml. My uro started me at 0.3 ml and gave me the best hard-on I have had in 25 years. Sucker brought tears to my eyes. As enjoyable as that first one was, it took almost 8 hours to deflate completely, so that was my first clue that perhaps I didn't need quite that much. Over about 30 days, I adjusted the dosage downward to where now I take 6 units = .06 ml = .06 cc. That gives me nice wood that lasts about an hour or an hour and a half. So if the doc told you to do 30 units, that's consistent with my first physician supervised "try-out".

My formula is Papaverine 30/Phentolamine 1/Prostaglandin (Alprostadil) 20. I think each doc has his "preferred formula" and then each uro adapts each prescription as needed for each patient. No one told me that--just a guess. I do know that one reason they fiddle with the formula is to help alleviate aching if that, in fact, is something you experience. I have had none of that, so I'm happy, happy, happy with my formula.

While getting the dosage right is certainly important, it's also important to get the injection technique right. My doc told me to inject on alternate sides (right/left/right/left) at "10:00" and "2:00" o'clock on the shaft, and about 1 to 1-1/2 inches down the shaft from my abdomen. Of all these instrutions, I think the angle may be the most important: check out a drawing of the internal structure of the penis, and you'll see the location of the cavernosa--that's what you're trying to inject. If you ever have a failure (I've had only 1 since November), it may be because you missed the sweet spot.

Welcome to the world of pricksticking. However icky it may sound to some, the joy of getting hard outweighs any drawbacks. Keep us posted!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Return to “Injections”