Trimix Just got here today.

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
boondawg

Trimix Just got here today.

Postby boondawg » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm

So, my prescription of Trimix just arrived today. Nervous, primarily because I am worried that it will not work. Urologist gave me what he claimed to be the smallest dose in his office and I was able to achieve a brief erection that left and with a bit of stimulation came back and then left again. Urologist said that I should increase in small increments until I get the dosage right. This has been a lifelong battle of mine and have came to the conclusion that I am not sure anything short of an implant will work for me. I am 39 now and been married to the most wonderful lady in the world for 16 years. Must say, that despite all of my troubles, our intimacy has been great for most of those years. I think that embarrassment has prevented me from going to the urologist up until this point but now hope to pursue a suitable resolution to my ed. I'm beginning to ramble, anyhow, new to the boards and wanted to post to meet people and seek any advice pertaining to injections.

boondawg

Re: Trimix Just got here today.

Postby boondawg » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Okay, so wow. Worked like a charm. I took .2 ml last evening and everything went really great as a matter of fact too great. Thought for a while a trip to the ER might be in order but it finally went down enough that I was comfortable with not going. The injection worked in no time, less than 5 min. I actually stood in the cold water in the shallow end of my pool at 1:30 in the morning to shrink it. Worked for me, might not anyone else. Erection had lasted about 3.5 hours at that time. Noticed that after I warmed back up that it came back a bit but not as strong as it was so I went ahead and fell asleep. Everything was fine this morning. How do others deal with this situation?

Also, I took the shot standing last night and when I was injected at the urologist, I was laying. I believe that made a huge difference for me. The uro gave me .1 ml and advised me to inject .2 ml at home. I think I am going to try the .1ml again at home while standing. That lasted a bit long for me last night. I needed the sleep but was afraid to fall asleep because I wanted to make sure that it went down.

My script was for 5ml of standard Trimix. I am probably going to level somewhere between .1 and .2. Does anyone have any idea how many doses that this equates to? It would seem to me that .2 would be 25 doses and .1 would be 50 doses. Is that correct or am I over simplifying?

As I said in my previous post, I've been battling this for while. What happened last night was the way that it is suppose to have always been. I am sorry for waiting on going to a urologist. Should have tried the injections a while ago. Pills didn't work hardly any for me.
This was the best and most successful experience ever for me. I hope that the success continues!

mlc2010

Postby mlc2010 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:18 pm

just curious, what is your strength.. pap 25mg/phentolamine2mg/pge1 10mcg.. so 1ml of that would be 2.5mg of pap, 0.2mg of phentolamine and 1mcg of pge1, right?

boondawg

Postby boondawg » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Tri-Mix Standard (PPP) 5.88ug/18mg/0.6mg/ml AQ, Multi, Injection Solution, 5 ml

Not sure if this is any help but this is what the description by the RX # says. I live in the south and the order came from New Jersey which is where my urologist placed the order.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Your "standard mix" is identical to the mix I got from my NJ compounder. I started at .25 ml (25 units) and worked up to (in (10 unit increases) to 45 units before I got a three hour erection . Subsequently I was able to reduce the effective dose to 12 units.

.1 unit equals 50 injections in 5 ml.

Congratulations on your success.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

boondawg

Postby boondawg » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:34 am

Welp, Saturday night was not quite as successful although not a total flop either. Put the injection in the other side with .15 cc of the Trimix this time. The .2 had gone on way to long Thurs. evening. Got about a 70-80 percent erection that lasted around 30 minutes take or give. It was a successful experience but not nearly as good as Thurs. Thursday evening I was so hard that I wasn't even paying attention to it and was able to concentrate on just the event at hand. Not the case last evening. Does most people have like a threshold where Trimix works best? Also, does duration and erection quality go hand and hand? I'm new to this, only three injections, but once you've had success I'm ready to figure everything out and just enjoy life!

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:37 am

It's a learning experience. Sometimes it seems that I get better results on one side over the other.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:03 pm

Boon,

My experience with too much Trimix had been:
Doctors inject .30 ml ...wayyyy too much .. nearly 4hrs .. yeah same like you doing cardio and cold water to settle it down...
Then tried .20 ml ... still way too much.
Then tried .15 ml ... still way too much
.10 ml was good -- although even then it kept annoyingly hard for a couple hrs.

So for you to go from almost 4hrs with .20ml to really nothing (30 mins is nothing) with .15ml does sound strange -- you obviously did not miss .. but why that other side inject produced so much less time ? I cannot think of any good reason.
Be sure to try the same .15ml again on the other side befor moving up again....

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

boondawg

Postby boondawg » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:46 pm

Yes Jim,
I felt it was a pretty wild swing also for a fairly minor dosage adjustment. I was thinking I might have missed too, although I am so new to injections that I am not at all for certain what that means. Will try .15 on the left side where I had so much success with the .2 injection to see what happens. I would love to get somewhat predictable and successful results with a certain dose to ease my comfort level somewhat.

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:54 pm

boondawg....
You are obviously on the rignt track.

In my case, TINY steps is what I did to reach the best dose for me ..... 3 units works every time for a bit over 1/2 hour... 5 units lasts close to 3 hours.

Now that you are "in the ballpark" ... I would not increase more than .1 step at a time . ... (I have had longer lasting erections, but felt no pain, and I never did anything to try to make it go down) Your experience of standing in cold water, may have been overkill.

Bill

PS. .15ML = 15 units, .20ML = 20 units so if you use an insulin syringe you will want to know the "units".
Insulin syringes that I use have needles that are 5/16th inches long and 31 gauge diameter.... anything longer or fatter may cause unnecessary pain injecting.
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

Return to “Injections”