Very Disappointing 1st TriMix Injection

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Cigar56

Very Disappointing 1st TriMix Injection

Postby Cigar56 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi all,

I suffer from some mild ED but have not had prostate surgery. Pills weren't working as well as I'd like so after a lot of study I asked my urologist if I could experiment with Trimix.

Well, as I type this, just 75 minutes have passed since the doctor injected me, and I am limp as a noodle. I mean, nothing. I never really reached a towel rack or complete horizontal erection. The doc injected me as I was too chicken and sahe had me hang around for a while, then told me I could stay or go home to monitor the process.

After 5 or 6 minutes I could feel myself starting to get an erection, but there was a dull, aching pain, too. I reached about a 5 or a 6 and was excited about driving home and getting more comfortable. I thought over time the pain would subside and the erection would get better. After 15 minutes, the pain started to subside but the erection never grew. Now, as I type this, 90 minutes later, I am completely flaccid. I tried stimulating myself with my hand while viewing some erotica, but that didn't work.

The doctor (urologist) is a she, and she has been terrific with my prostate biopsies although the TriMix test was a fail. She played it safe, which I appreciate, but I think the dosages just weren't strong enough. And she injected 100 units!

Here is the script from the compounding pharmacy:

Trimix PR1.25/PAP6 .25/PHE0 .125.

I think that is Papaverine, Phentolamine, and Prostaglandin. She told me after the injection that she started me off with the minimum on each drug, which again is playing it safe. However, to never have reached a "steel" or full erection and to use 100 units (expensive!) was very disappointing. The 5ML vial cost $110 from the local compounding pharmacy, meaning $20 a shot at 100 units, if my math is right. I was hoping for $10 or less a shot.

The doc had originally suggested Edex, but I wanted Timix.

Any thoughts? Observations?

Obviously I am going to have to go back to her and get a stronger script for the Trimix, or this will be a no-go. I am thinking a stronger script and fewer units.

Thanks!
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

tomas1

Re: Very Disappointing 1st TriMix Injection

Postby tomas1 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:31 pm

That's a familiar story. My doc did the same thing. I got a semi, but it wasn't useable. I ended up quadrupling the dosage and got useable erections, but had to get a stronger prescription. I actually was getting nothing from pills when I started injecting. Now, I get some results with pills and can even work up one without any med, but it goes away too fast to use. One good thing I've found is I get no pain from injecting. Maybe she hit something, but that's seems doubtful. Get a stronger prescription and keep trying.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Cig,

Sorry you had a non-event event for the first time.

A hundred units? Well, lucky for you she used sucha weak formula:

Trimix PR1.25/PAP6 .25/PHE0 .125.

Even if a whole ml is used those delivered amounts are pretty low.

The typical formula might be PGE-1:20mcg PAP 30mg Phent: 1mg -- all per ml.

Of course you would never use more than, say, 10 units on the first try.

One slightly troubling thing is that you said you got quite a bit of pain from that injection. The PAP and Phent should give very little pain even at high amounts.
PGE-1 will give some ache -- but that 1.25mcg is practically nothing.
What to expect with a normal prescription? Hard to say, but you might be just super sensitive to PGE-1. Some people are and have to go to Bi-Mix.

Ask your Uro for a normal prescription -- too bad you had to spend 100 dollars on a useless formula. And now another 100 for the new one. It happens.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Moonman33

Postby Moonman33 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Hi, Cigar...it could be that the Doctor didn't give you a good shot. Did he see blood? Did he pull the plunger back on the syringe to drawn blood into the syringe? 100 units seems like a lot with no result. Good luck on your next injection..by the way, it seems scary injecting your penis, but it does not hurt or feel it at all...Moonman33

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:11 am

Thanks guys for the feedback. I have already called the doc asking for a stronger script. I didnt notice any blood during the injection, but I was surprised by the slight discomfort for the first 15 minutes. I am going to increase the units from the initial 100 to about 120 or 130 and see how it goes. I will report back.

Thanks again.

Cigar
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:19 am

What Moon said about getting a good shot reminded me that If you don't get a good shot and you inject either just between outer skin and cavernosa sheath (or even into the sheath but not actually inside) it can sting like hell -- and of course do absolutely nothing for Willey's attention.

Usually tho you would get a bulgy pouch at the injection site or a black and blue area if you did that. I missed once -- got between skin and sheath and it made bulge and irritated a little while and of course did nothing. That was the only miss in around 800 shots. Not bad but was 1 too many!

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Moonman33

Postby Moonman33 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi Cigar, I have had different results with different units of tri-mix. I have gone from a 5 units for 60/70% erection; an 8 units for no results; a 14 units for a 90-95% erection; last one with 30 units for a 93+% erection. I will try a 40 units the next time. Here is the Tri-Mix makeup: Pge1-papavernin-phentol-10mcg-12mg-1mg/ml. How does this compare with the others on the site, I wonder. Hope that the 40 units does the trick...wish me luck...Moonman33

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Moonman, see if you can get this formula (it's what mine is):
PGE/PAP/Phent
45mcg/27/1
Maybe not all compounders have similar formulas, but you would be able to cut way down on the amount injected.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Update:

My doc has agreed to increase my dosage from the initial watery starter mix. I haven't seen the new script yet, so I dont know how much more powerful. Will report back after I try the new compound.

Meanwhile trying again tomorrow night with the initial batch. Planning to increase the units to 120 or 130 from the initial 100 that did not work.

Thanks everybody.

Cigar

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Cig,

Replied to your post over on Healingwell also....

To save yourself some time I would phone your Doc and see what formula she is proposing for the next batch. If it is not something like: 10pge1/30pap/1 phent ... or even 20pge1/30pap/1phent then I would try to negotiate with her to get the script changed. One argument to give to her is that the stronger the formula the less it will cost you per-shot and the risk is not any greater. Keep arguing that if she is afraid to give you a good strong formula. Also argue that her poor judgement has already cost you $110 and zero joy for all the effort and guilt trip her into going STRONG.

Hoping you have success...

J

Return to “Injections”