Redness/bruising on skin surface at injection site

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Wooderson

Redness/bruising on skin surface at injection site

Postby Wooderson » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:01 pm

Does anyone else get it? The bruising is usually no larger in diameter than that of a small pea. I press down immediately afterwards on the injection site for 2-3 minutes as instructed. And the redness doesn't appear right away but usually after a few minutes into a normal (but vigorous) tug session. And it usually goes away in 2-4 days.

When I was injected at the doctor's office on two separate occasions I noticed no such post-injection redness. But then again I didn't beat off both times afterwards either (like I do now at home). Does anyone else get slight skin bruising after injecting? Is it normal?

trucxrule

Re: Redness/bruising on skin surface at injection site

Postby trucxrule » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Wooderson wrote:Does anyone else get it? The bruising is usually no larger in diameter than that of a small pea. I press down immediately afterwards on the injection site for 2-3 minutes as instructed. And the redness doesn't appear right away but usually after a few minutes into a normal (but vigorous) tug session. And it usually goes away in 2-4 days.

When I was injected at the doctor's office on two separate occasions I noticed no such post-injection redness. But then again I didn't beat off both times afterwards either (like I do now at home). Does anyone else get slight skin bruising after injecting? Is it normal?

Wood -

I use Prostaglandin 40 mcg & after a year & numerous injections have not had bruises or redness myself personally.
trucx

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:45 am

The only times that has happened to me was when i failed to insert needle all the way in (right to the hub of the syringe). Hence, the trimix went just under the skin, and not into the caversnosa. The results were a lump that arose, and a bruising there. It all went away after a few days.

I now make damn sure that needle is all the way in ..... no reason to leave it just under the surface, since the only small discomfort i feel is right at the outside surface.

Hope this helps,

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:10 pm

In my unprofessional opinion, the "tugging" irritates the injection sight causing the redness. Try holding off for thirty minutes or so before commencing the tugging.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Wooderson

Postby Wooderson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:01 am

Guys, thanks for the comments.

@dtwarren1942: I suspect that might be the reason as well. Next time I will try as you suggest and see if the redness doesn't come back. Thanks.

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Yes, sometimes I get a bruise on the shaft of my penis after injection, even after injecting completely into the cavernosa. It goes away in a day or two, and I would say that it is nothing to worry about. It doesn't happen every time, but I have learned that it is no big deal. I really don't think "tugging" should make any more difference in the outcome of your bruise than massaging a bruised place on your arm or any other part of your body. My bruises usually do not show up until after intercourse...seriously.

RS507507

Postby RS507507 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:39 am

So I have had issues with ed and run the course of Tri Mix to Quad. Decided to buy a http://myhardwear.com/ ring too. Used it for the first time Saturday with the firmest I had been in years. The result is a decided ruby rash on top and bottom of the injection.
If anyone is to try this route I advise a small dose of injection to allow the extra firmness the Hardwear will give you.

The gear is a learning process to attach but will do an excellent job of adding 30 % more hardness.

My only fault for the first time is the error in doseage as I used just too much. But what a thrill!!! :P

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:16 am

I get redness / bruising at the injection site, particularly if the needle moves.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

Leebert

Postby Leebert » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:51 am

I get it almost every time now just about.ive even had a blood blister form on tunica, not noticing it I started to Jo and my hand was all red! Dam that scared me, but when I cleaned it up and put more pressure on it, I got it to stop. Both your corpra and tunica have veins to watch out for. I've developed a lot of them since injecting.theres a lot of tiny spider veins now on tunica, so I pretty much 70% of the time I got the little buggers.it goes away fairly fast.ive hit one on the corpra and that got as big as a nickel ,took a WK to go away,but it's fine. Every time I inject now around or by the middle of shaft it just makes a big knot in corpra, so I don't have much real estate left. Gonna ck into implants, running out of options. But please don't let this freak you out, every penis is different!
I'm 65, heart attack w/stent 10 yrs ago, mod.HBP, married 46 yrs, retired.2 strokes.No damage, except start of Ed, Live in Ada Michigan. implanted by Dr. Wise in Grand Rapids mi. Implanted on 9/2/21 with 15 cm + 5cm rte. Ams 700 cx ms pump

RS507507

Postby RS507507 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:29 am

Hope your issue gets better.

Mine has improved with use of less quad mix . I am mildly concerned also about the long term scarring overall but so far it is not an issue.

Return to “Injections”