Just need reassurance

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
wislndixie

Just need reassurance

Postby wislndixie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:56 pm

All the pills quit working for me, saw a URO, did a complete blood workup and checked testosterone level. All blood was great and testos was a little low. Won't go into a long story but after talking to my Uro he felt like my ED was totally "performance anxiety". I'm 65 just entering a new relationship after my wife passed away. No medical history of any consequence and am taking no medications at all and am a non-smoker.

Anyway, my Uro scheduled me for a followup with his ED nurse, I met her on Monday, she was really classy and a pro. She gave me two options either a VED or injections. After spending much time here in the forum I opted for the injections without a hesitation. So, she gave me my first injection of BiMix, I don't know exactly the breakdown but she started me at 25 on the syringe. No pain whatsoever, gave me the injection, a couple of magazines and said she would be back in about 15 minutes. In no time at all I was rock hard. When she came back in she laughed and said 'no more magazines for you". She had me lay down and said she would wait another 30 minutes to see how easily my erection subsided. 30 minutes later she came back in and said I was responding nicely and within another 15 minutes the Dr. came in and said all was well. The nurse told him how hard I had gotten and he said to reduce the dose to 16 on the syringe.

I go back tomorrow for my second injection where I will inject myself in front of the nurse at the 16 dosage. The nurse seems to think that the lower dose will do the trick. I can't tell you how much better I my confidence was after that first injection.
I know alot of you are on trimix and I questioned her about it and she advised that the Dr. always started with Bimix but if it didn't work satisfactorily they would move up to Trimix. Said they wanted to keep me on the lowest dose possible as long as it was getting the job done.

She gave me alot of instruction on injecting, had me watch a video and said not to inject more than twice a week after I started home injections and to stop taking any pills.

Can you inject two days in a row? CAn anyone suggest any other questions I need to ask when I return tomorrow?

I really have gotten a lot from this forum so thanks in advance.
Mike

dtwarren1942

Re: Just need reassurance

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Congratulations, Wisin. Welcome to the club.

As long as you do not do it too often, injecting two days in a row should not be an issue.

If a prescription is required to order syringes, I recommend you have your doc write a prescription for 29g, 1/2 inch syringes. 30 units is preferable, but 50 units are more likely available.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:23 pm

wisln,

Way to go on your complete success so far. And you are one lucky dawg to have such a enthusiastic nurse helping you along. Nothing builds confidence like a nurse who is gushing with praise, eh?

On times per week. I suppose you should obey your Doc's orders. Also there is evidence that possibly Bimix or Trimix ingredients might be more likely to produce fibrosis (the PAPAVERINE ingredient). Using pure PGE-1 such as in EDEX or CAVERJECT systems might lessen such possibilities.

That said, I was on Trimix for 3 years with mostly 3-4 times a week and never had any evidence of fibrosis. Lately for the last 6 months I have been on pure PGE-1 and have been doing 7 days a week (And twice on Sunday -- as they say). Still no sign of any problems and no diminishing of action per dose.

But would be good for you, as a Noob, to keep it down to 2 or 3 times a week for the next year or so and monitor for any signs of fibrosis. Some guys are just more prone to getting it for some reason. Also, you might want to set up MORE on-going appointments with your nurse friend so she can carefully check your member over for fibrosis, say, every month or so?? Yeah, that's the ticket ... every month .... ;-))

Keep on Keepin it on!

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

trimix60

Postby trimix60 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi wislndixie- Congrats on your ED progress !!!

You will find that your confidence will come back big time when you know you can get hard in just a few minutes and keep it up for an hour or more.....your partner should be very happy with you..... :D

I have been on trimix now for over 2 years and it has been great...my partner, and now my wife, has been very supportive and likes that I don't go limp now after I climax so I can keep her going !!!!

I have also injected sometimes 4 times a week and 2 consecutive days....no problems for me !!! Everyone reacts differently so the Doc's have to be cautious...

I use a 30 gauge needle that is 5/8 long and it works great and no pain !!!

Cheers !!! Enjoy !!!

Curt

Return to “Injections”