traveling with full syringe?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
drewg39

traveling with full syringe?

Postby drewg39 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:25 pm

Anyone have any experience with taking a syringe full of injection instead of a vial on a trip? I bought a Frio carrier but so far have been carrying a vial around in a small thermos and blue ice which stays cold for over 12 hours. I was wondering if there are any reasons not to keep injection in a syringe for a few days or even longer. How about going through security at an airport? Any issues with syringes?

dtwarren1942

Re: traveling with full syringe?

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:49 pm

I have never had a problem at an airport with my insulin syringes. However, it is recommended Thst you Cary a copy of your prescription just in case you Coe across an uninformed TSA inspector though we all know they are fully informed.

From what I have read, Trimix can go for a number of days unrefridgerated at normal temperatures. I take mine unrefridgerated all the time on two/three day trips without any loss of effectiveness.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

trucxrule

Re: traveling with full syringe?

Postby trucxrule » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi,

I use PGE 1 and wondered about pre filling syringes as well. Also the new Frio pouch I found won't keep Prostaglandin at safe temps - I went with a Polar Bear med cooler and blue bullet .

Return to “Injections”