Erection problems

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
olie20

Erection problems

Postby olie20 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:09 pm

After getting my Tri-Mix my doctor recommended 3 units. The first time worked like a champ. Hard like a rock for almost 2 hours. However the second time I couldn't get the solid erection I got the first time. However I had been drinking and chalked it up to that. The other night I tried again with 3 units, no booze, no solid erection. Not sure what to do, go back to the doctor, increase my injection amount (not sure how much, don't want to get one of those overlasting erections I have heard are dangerous) or try 3 units again and injecting in two locations (one on either side of my shaft). Can anyone offer any advice?

cwatt1

Re: Erection problems

Postby cwatt1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:48 pm

I have not yet tried injections, although I'm planning to talk to my uro about them this week. However, if you check out some of the forum posts here one area that seems to be problematic for some guys is making sure you inject straight in (i.e., at 90 degrees) to the corpora cavernosa. If you had that degree of success the first time, chances are you simply have to get the technique down.
ED since using SSRI antidepressants. Unable to maintain erection sufficient for penetration. Tried PDE5's, VED, injections. AMS 700 CX implanted 8/1/2022, penoscrotal by Dr. McVary, Loyola medical center. 15cm + 1.5 and 1.0 RTE's. 65 ml reservoir.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:25 pm

My doc recommended drawing a bit of blood back into the syringe to ensure you hit the right place. I as a bit squeamish about doing it at first, but now I can.
On my first solo injection, I tried not to look when I stuck it and I hit the urethra.
No pain, but no gain either.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

lexmc1945

Postby lexmc1945 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:18 pm

tomas is right, after many years of injecting, in my experience drawing blood back into the syringe guarantees you've hit the right spot. Another thing I find is that when you hit the right spot there is no sensation at all, that's another good indication.
Healthy 70yo used injectibles for 20 odd years, Alprostadil, Caverject and now a variation of bimix.

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 pm

When I hit the urethra, I could tell it immediately as it gave me the sensation of needing to go to the bathroom. I also accidentally hit a small blood vessel that I hadn't noticed before. After 5 solos, I think I may have my technique and dosage dialed in.
I also recommend the 30 gauge, 1/2" needle.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

olie20

Postby olie20 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:35 am

I gave it another try last night. I increased the dosage by one half unit and injected half in one side and the other half dose in the other side. I have found when you hit the right spot there is little to no pain so two injections is no big issue. Well after about 15 min I had a rock hard erection that lasted a little over two hours. Only wish the wife lasted that long...LOL. Found that it took me a lot longer to orgasm, which previously was way too soon. All in all, I love this new stuff, dam site better than any pill I have used.

Andy425

Postby Andy425 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 am

olie20 wrote:I gave it another try last night. I increased the dosage by one half unit and injected half in one side and the other half dose in the other side. I have found when you hit the right spot there is little to no pain so two injections is no big issue. Well after about 15 min I had a rock hard erection that lasted a little over two hours. Only wish the wife lasted that long...LOL. Found that it took me a lot longer to orgasm, which previously was way too soon. All in all, I love this new stuff, dam site better than any pill I have used.

Good! Have fun!

If you're splitting units, I hope you have a 30 unit -- and not a 100 unit -- syringe? I started with the big syringes and getting 5 units accurately was tricky; with the smaller capacity syringes it is much easier, and it would be even more important if you're splitting units.
RP in 2012 because of prostate cancer. 100% ED, also some leakage problems.

Return to “Injections”