Trimix Strength vs Peyronies

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Julios

Trimix Strength vs Peyronies

Postby Julios » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:41 pm

Greetings. I'm wondering if there is an increased risk of developing Peyronies disease the higher the dose of Trimix or Bimix. Or is number of injections a greater cause? If anyone can reference research that answers this, great.

Regardless, It would be helpful to get input from those of you who developed Peyronies while using Trimix or Bimix.
1. What was the dose you typically used before getting Peyronis?
2. How many injections had you done before developing Peyronies?

Thanks for helping. This could be great info for those considering the use of injections, or wondering how long they can inject before Peyronies might develop.

Hope to hear from you, and best wishes.

Julios
Age 54
RP July 2010. All nerves spared on right, 25% on left
Pathology: T3b, Gleas 9, Pos Margins, EPE
Currently on ADT
Using Trimix successfully: 0.08ml; 20MCG Alprostadil 1MG Phentolamine 30MG/ML Papaverine

jackpTenn

Re: Trimix Strength vs Peyronies

Postby jackpTenn » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Julious

This is the reply I received from Vanderbilt when I asked if trimix was FDA appproved.

No and never will be. Trimix is alprostadil, papverine, and phentolamine. Bimix is papaverine and phentolamine. Edex/caverject is alprostadil. Alprostadil is only FDA injectable approved for ED. Studies were done, commercial product etc so that's why. Other two are generic and used for decades so that's why no attention was given to make a commercial product and pursue FDA approval. That being said, alprostadil has less risk of penile scarring/curvature or priapism compared to other 2 formulations. The downside is that alprostadil has more penile pain/pelvic ache that is medicine/dose related not injection related. Alprostadil is our first line injectable.

When using any injectable in your penis watch out for a sudded lump and/or curve. With all your other problems you sure do not want peyronies. Doctors at Boston General comment that over 40% of men quit using injectables the first year.

In my case they caused corporal fibrosis and made my condition worse.

Jack
Peyronies 1995
Penile Implant 10/08
Dr. Douglas Milam @ Vanderbilt
Normal Again

Hope for ED

Re: Trimix Strength vs Peyronies

Postby Hope for ED » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:12 pm

I developed peyronie's after just one injection. He told me he used 25 IU. I was hard for 3 hours, and the erection was painful

Return to “Injections”