First try with Tri Mix

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
olie20

First try with Tri Mix

Postby olie20 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:57 pm

Well today was my first encounter with Tri Mix. I had my initial checkup with the urologist about a week ago and today he had prepared a mix for me to try. He had explained everything to me in advance and he performed the first injection for me, while I stretched my penis. I am not a big one on needles and this one felt like he was jabbing my dick with an icepick. He used 2cc of his mix and after 10 min I had a semi erection. Nothing that I could have used with my wife. He told me the dose wasn't strong enough and next appointment he would increase the mix and the dose to 3cc. About 3 hours later I still didn't get a full erection and have a pain in my penis like nothing I have ever experienced. Doctor said the next time I will be holding and injecting myself. Personally I think there wouldn't have been as much pain had he injected lower on my shaft, since this one was closer to the head of my penis. I might have jerked a little when he inserted the needle, thus the cause of the later pain. Since I didn't ever have a full erection there wasn't any problem leaving his office. However had I had a full hard erection, that he said should last about an hour, it probably would have been quite obvious when I left his office (waiting area was quite full). What have others done in this case? Did your doctor inject you in the office and if so what about the obvious erection? Might sound silly but its a concern of mine. Any advise????

trimix60

Re: First try with Tri Mix

Postby trimix60 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Most of us in the "Prick Club" were injected in the Dr's office by the Uro with a starting dose that will establish a baseline.

Once the reaction takes place, you can then make a decision to increase the dosage.

At that point, you should be given a prescription and instructions to increase the dosage in very small steps until the desired results are reached.

You should look at all the video's available on how to inject, and also read everything you can on this forum. Those of us that are injecting actually seem to have more real information about injecting than most Uro's :-)

You will find that with a little practice, the needle prick is not even an issue :D

Welcome to the "Prick Club" When you get things all set, you will really have some fun !!!

Cheers,

Curt

shipper222001

Postby shipper222001 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:43 pm

That seems like a very low doses for the first time. My URO started me out on 25 units in the office. I left with an erection for 2 hours. After 2 yrs I inject 10 units for a hard 2 hour erection. I wasnt conerned walking out the Dr office with an erection, What bothered me was that when he did the first injection, he called in his female PA and a trainee and showed them doing it. I thought he should have asked me first if that was OK.

dagobx

Postby dagobx » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:47 pm

olie20 wrote:Well today was my first encounter with Tri Mix. I had my initial checkup with the urologist about a week ago and today he had prepared a mix for me to try. He had explained everything to me in advance and he performed the first injection for me, while I stretched my penis. I am not a big one on needles and this one felt like he was jabbing my dick with an icepick. He used 2cc of his mix and after 10 min I had a semi erection. Nothing that I could have used with my wife. He told me the dose wasn't strong enough and next appointment he would increase the mix and the dose to 3cc. About 3 hours later I still didn't get a full erection and have a pain in my penis like nothing I have ever experienced. Doctor said the next time I will be holding and injecting myself. Personally I think there wouldn't have been as much pain had he injected lower on my shaft, since this one was closer to the head of my penis. I might have jerked a little when he inserted the needle, thus the cause of the later pain. Since I didn't ever have a full erection there wasn't any problem leaving his office. However had I had a full hard erection, that he said should last about an hour, it probably would have been quite obvious when I left his office (waiting area was quite full). What have others done in this case? Did your doctor inject you in the office and if so what about the obvious erection? Might sound silly but its a concern of mine. Any advise????

As said above, welcome to the "prick club"!! The advice given by Curt above is right on the money. The part about those of us that have been injecting having more experience with it is absolutely true. I'm not crazy about needles mysefl, particularly in that region of our anatomy, but I can tell you that with a little experience things will come a lot easier.

As for the pain, I think your uro kinda missed the sweet spot of the cavernosa & may have injected some of the meds outside of it. That will hurt! (ask me how I know). But with a little practice you will be surprised at how easy & painless it really is. So soldier on, take a deep breath & inject away. You won' regret it once you get the hang of it.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:44 pm

For the past year or so I have been using a 1/2 inch 30 gauge needle because I had missed the mark several time while using the 5/16 31 gauge needle. Yesterday, I went back to the 5/16" 31 gauge needle and did not really feel the needle at all except for a slight sensation of an irritation.

I believe (I am really not good at these conversions) that 2 cc is the same as 20 units which was my starting point.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:49 pm

Olie....
I am a bit surprised that the urologist mixed (or made) your trimix.... everything I have seen or heard here has relegated the manufacture of trimix to a compounding pharmacy. However, some other injectables are mixed prior to use (Edex? and/or Muse?)... And those are notorious for aching in many guys.

You may want to inquire !

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:15 am

Olie,

Glad to hear you got thru your first shot .. even if not very successful. Keep on trying.

Yes it can be a bit of comedy to get thru a full waiting room with a full hard-on. That is exactly what happened to me the first time shot at the Uros office. He said, let's try .3ml (30 units) and zoommmm it rose to full attention in a few minutes -- almost painfully hard. The doc declared it Good and commented "Good luck getting out of here with that" as I tried to stuff it back in my pants. Luckily I had brought a file folder and some papers along with me so on the way out I at least had something of a shield to use. Also the waiting room was a spacious one and it was not just for one doctor (was a clinic where the doc set up shop once a week away from his main office) so I had plenty of room to maneuver so to speak,

As Oho mentioned, Uros are unlikely to have Trimix mixed and ready to go in their offices, but they might have plain PGE-1 (also called by trade name Alprostadil) in liquid. If you were going to use Trimix the Doc would usually get you a prescription, you would have it filled and bring it with you to the first shooting. With plain PGE-1 solution sometimes a doc will fill a bunch of syringes from his main stash and sell those to you. Probably pretty lucrative business.

Finally.. I doubt the 2ml thing.. but you are not the first to be Metrically Challenged when it comes to syringe amounts. Almost everyone is. Just remember a typical syringe is 1ml = 1 cc = 100u.

Typical shot amounts are .10ml (10u) or .20ml (20u). Be sure to take a look next time and see how much he is putting in the syringe -- really look at it and ask him how much it is in various terms (ml cc or units). Even have him write it down (clearly!).

Have fun with it!
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Andy425

Postby Andy425 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:46 pm

A couple of random thoughts:

I only think in "units." All you need to know is that one line on a syringe is a "unit." It's much less confusing than trying to learn 2 or 3 different ways of measuring.

If you only need a relatively small dose like me (I take 6 units) get 30 unit syringes instead of 100 unit syringes. It is much easier to see a single unit on the 30s because the graduation lines are farther apart than on a 100 unit syringe, and your dose will be more accurate -- and repeatable -- each time.
RP in 2012 because of prostate cancer. 100% ED, also some leakage problems.

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:02 pm

I agree with Andy on this: all you need to know is units, as that is the way syringes are marked, whether the syringes hold 30, 50, or 100 units. I don't recommend the 30 unit syringe for the simple fact that you might need to inject more than 30 units; for example, I inject 40 units each time, but I started out with 30 units working. Thinking in terms of ml, mg, micrograms, etc., comes easily and naturally to guys who are scientifically and mathematically minded; those of us who don't think in those terms need to stick to the simplest terms that Andy explained so clearly.

Andy1950 wrote:A couple of random thoughts:

I only think in "units." All you need to know is that one line on a syringe is a "unit." It's much less confusing than trying to learn 2 or 3 different ways of measuring.

If you only need a relatively small dose like me (I take 6 units) get 30 unit syringes instead of 100 unit syringes. It is much easier to see a single unit on the 30s because the graduation lines are farther apart than on a 100 unit syringe, and your dose will be more accurate -- and repeatable -- each time.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Trimix vials come in mls and syringes are marked in units so, unfortunately, some conversion and math needs to come into play. I am a diabetic and insulin comes in 10 ml vials but, luckily, the vials state that 1 ml = 100 units. If I am not mistaken, the term units started with the development of insulin. The most commonly used insulin is labeled 100 unit insulin. You can, however, get more concentrated insulin called 500 unit insulin which has the same effect as 5 times the amount of 100 unit insulin.

Fun factoid:
Originally, one unit of insulin was set to be the amount of insulin required to reduce the blood glucose of a fasting rabbit to 45 mg/dl.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Injections”