Am I a "Candy Ass?"

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Mike Zee

Am I a "Candy Ass?"

Postby Mike Zee » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Still have not pulled the trigger on injections yet. My yearly physical comes next month and then I will ask for a referral to a urologist.

For those who use the needle...have you ever tried a topical deadning ointment (much the same as a Dentist uses to deadend your gums prior to Novocain injections) ?

As long as you did not apply the numbing treatment beyond the injection point...it seems that it would have no adverse affect on your injection erection. Any comments?

Mike Zee

dtwarren1942

Re: Am I a "Candy Ass?"

Postby dtwarren1942 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 pm

No need for a numbing treatment. The discomfort level is not much more than a mosquito bite. The 30 gauge, 1/2 inch needle syringe works best for me. You can get a thinner 31 gauge, 5/16 inch needle syringe; however, I have encountered several bent needles attempting to push it through the smooth muscle of the tunica. Neither results it any significant discomfort.
Last edited by dtwarren1942 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:17 am

Mike ....
I will admit to very similar feelings on my first self administered injection. (Initial shot was in Uro's office,,, my memory of that was "what a great hardon"... rather than the pain of the shot)

My suggestion:
1. open alcohol pad.... wipe top of vial
2. load syringe
3: wipe pad on injection site
tell yourself, "I don't have to continue if I don't want to"
take aim... "do I care if it hurts a little?"
"do I really want to see this thing get hard like it did when I was a kid?"

I bet you do it !!!

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:45 pm

MikeZee,

Well it's still a good question (and oh, by the way, you ARE a CandyAss for asking!!! Yah!!) .

But here is what I have noted thru all my injections. I notice that I almost feel nothing when the needle goes into the skin itself. Then as it digs in (I do injection verrrryyyy slowly -- maybe I AM a CandyAss too???) ...I often feel a sharper twinge along the way. I assume that is because it hit a nerve tendril or something. I don't think it is the sheath to the canvernosa .. just something in between.

So, putting a topical pain deadener on probably would not do any good for subcutaneous deadening?

But bottom line is you don't need it anyways .. even if it was effective.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

paperboy48

Postby paperboy48 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:50 pm

My friend: How long have you gone without a solid penetrating erection? Just think about the prized result. Its a mental thing, get past the "it might hurt", so what even if you do encounter a little pinch, just go for the glory!

Good luck Mate!

Eugene

Postby Eugene » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:58 pm

Just to confirm what others have said. There is no value in a topical numbing product. You just need to gain some experience with inserting the tiny needle. Once you do it a few times, it becomes no big deal. Yes, we were all candy asses as the beginning.
Prostatectomy and radiation therapy 2/05. AMS 700 implanted 9/17.

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Your just like the rest of us it's not natural to stick a needle in your penis, but like these other guys have told you when you get the results over time like the rest of us it won't be a big deal anymore good luck!!!!
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

rode2nowhere

Postby rode2nowhere » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:52 pm

Occasionally a good rum & coke, can't even feel it then.

thunderball

Postby thunderball » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Mike, it does not hurt. The idea is worse than the actual injection. I do deep breathing exercises before to get nice and relaxed. The rock hard throbbing 18 year old style erection is well worth it.

ontopher469

Postby ontopher469 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:58 pm

I agree with 'JimSteers'. I'm a diebetic and use my insulin serenges which are 30 gauge for injecting myself.

I massage myself first to get some size and then start pushing the needle very slowly into the side of my penis. I continue to push the needle until fully 'home'. I experience very minimal pain. In fact, the thought of 'driving it in' is a turn on for me.

Return to “Injections”