why

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
wheels

why

Postby wheels » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:16 pm

just got my trimix ....tried it 25 yesterday no luck . today 30 very little very upset

Peckerwood

Re: why

Postby Peckerwood » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:07 pm

There could be several reasons for your lack of success so far. You may require more units for an erection. I need 40 units; whereas some guys get by with 5 units; so, it's different for most of us. Another possibility is that you are not injecting properly. Read carefully on the injection site for instructions. Another possibility is that your urologist needs to prescribe a stronger mix for you. Keep trying and keep us posted, but remember not to inject more than once a day no matter how frustrated you become, or you might damage your penis permanently through priapism. We have a Frank Talk member who can provide personal testimony to that experience.

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 am

Wheels,
Don't get upset! You got a long way to go. Was there ANY movement with those doses at all? There are varying strengths of trimix - make sure you have a good uro who is willing to go all the way for you. The titration process can be tedious, but it has to be done - there is no standard formula that always works. Be sure to do these trials by yourself. It's much harder to have a partner there waiting to see if things work. You both end up feeling bad for the other. For a brief period, this has nothing to do with sex - you are just a chemistry experiment until you get close. Are you SURE you're hitting the CC? Did it work in the doc's office?
Paul

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:11 am

Wheels,

You did not say whether the Doc helped walk you thru the first shot?

Sometimes a Uro will give a prescription and the patient gets so wrapped up in getting the Joy Juice that they don't understand that the Doc wants them to come back with the filled prescription and have the Doc show how to do the first shot.

Anything like that happen to you?

Yes you can read up on it and it is not too complicated -- but a hands on try at the Doc's office usually can't be beat for getting it right.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

regguy1967

Postby regguy1967 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Wheels,
Please don't give up I started at the same dose you did.I had to keep increasing to 54 I now get a good repeating 50-60 min erection so hang in there just takes some time and work.
Good luck!
50 YRS old Have had ED since 2005 started TRT in 2006 have used androgel, fortesta gels, aveed injections, and testapel implants testapel works the best so far. oral meds never really worked for ED used trimix with mixed results.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:41 pm

I started at 30 units and my Trimix did not work well until I reached 40 units (about 85% erect). At 45 units it was a bit painful for 2 hours. I subsequently was able to reduce the dose to 12 units.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

wheels

Postby wheels » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:38 am

moved up to 40 better but not hard, but will talk to uro to move up to 50

trimix60

Postby trimix60 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 pm

I ended up at 50 units and it works well....some guy's need more...eveyone is a little different. Acutally, I am glad I am not to sensitive to trimix, some guy's have a terrible time getting things adjusted and then they are all over the place with the response to the drug...

Curt

Sir-Lance-a-lot

Postby Sir-Lance-a-lot » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:00 pm

I am now on my second strength dosage. I have a great doctor and a great pharmacy to work with. When I brought it up to the doctor he didn't know anything about it but being the great doctor he is he agreed that I should try it.

He called the compounding pharmacy and decided on a dosage to start. They started me out with 30 (Papaverin) /10 (Prostadil) /.5 (Phentomin).

They told me to start with 15 units and work my way up 5 units at a time to a dose of 50 units max. I got up to 100 units before I had enough to keep an erection long enough to complete intercourse, in fact I still had a hard on after I came so after a few minutes I jerked off and had another orgasm. That finished the first vial.

So I talked to my doctor told him some of what had happened and I volunteered to call the pharmacy and discuss it. He thought that was the easiest way to go.

I told the pharmacist of my experience with the first vial and he decided to change to 30/20/2 at 15 units and work up 5 units at a time. I don't always follow the their dosage advice so I started with 35 units. I had some success but couldn't finish. The next time I tried 50 units and finish complete with an orgasm. but the hard on was gone immediately.

This week I'm trying 70 units, if that is sufficient then I will get a hold of the doctor and the pharmacy to get a stronger dose so that I don't have to use the volume that I am currently using.

It's all about trial and error.

Hopefully you will eventually get the dosage needed and find success.

One thing to keep in mind is that once Trimix is working correctly you can adjust the number of units to keep the erection as long as you want.

Don't forget to keep Sudafed on hand to kill the boner when you've had enogh.

Good Luck Trimix 60. :D
64 year old. ED since 2010.

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:33 pm

Same here started with a 17/ 0.58/ 16 mix. Got to 75 units then went to 45/1/27 started 25 ended at 42 done works great unless i miss target
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

Return to “Injections”