Recall at pharmacy

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Burger2

Recall at pharmacy

Postby Burger2 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:48 pm

I just heard that the pharmacy where I get my timix has issued a recall. State inspectors found "foreign matter" in some of the vials. Pretty scary stuff. Pallimed Pharmacy is the name of the operation. Looks like I'm in the market for a new source.

tomlander

Re: Recall at pharmacy

Postby tomlander » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:57 am

I had an appt with the uro a couple of weeks ago, and he told me the compounding pharmacy that he used (and I used for trimix before switching to edex) had recently stopped its compounding business...not just injectables but all compounded scripts). This was a small local pharmacy/home supplies storefront that had a compounding business on the side. State regulators came in for an inspection and told the owner he had to upgrade a number of areas. Cost of compliance came out to over $40k and the owner decided it wasn't worth it.

tomlander

Re: Recall at pharmacy

Postby tomlander » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:03 am

Just looked up Pallimed....located north of Boston. My former compounding pharm is also in Massachusetts. I guess the state regulators are coming down hard and doing the job they should have done before the New England Compounding disaster.

Return to “Injections”