Trimix - different concentration of ingredients?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
rglassva

Trimix - different concentration of ingredients?

Postby rglassva » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey guys - looking for advice again. . . .been using trimix for a few months now - definitely better results than with any other therapies. Have tried dosages from .1 to .27. Fuller and thicker for sure but nothing's really standing at attention - not sure how 'usable' it'd be although haven't really tried it - pretty much been taking matters into my own hands lately! Anyway, enough of that. I go back to doctor for follow up in a couple of weeks. Was wondering if there's a different mix/concentration of the ingredients that might make a difference - don't know what it is now but open to suggestions as to what to ask for. Maybe bimix instead? Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trimix - different concentration of ingredients?

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:30 pm

The most common combination of Trimix is
30mg papaverine/1mg phentolmine/2.5mcg alprostadil

Of these ingredients, generally alprostadil is the strongest, but also causes the most aching.
Other strengths raise the level of alprostadil like this: 30/1/5.0, and 30/1/10, and finally 30/1/20mcg.

BUT a doctor can do any combination he wants. That's for him to decide. but you can certainly ask him about it. Generally, if Trimix is not working very well, bimix won't either, but you never know. Just ask him for a more potent mixture - see what he says.

Do you have aching from the alprostadil? If not, ask you doc about straight Alprostadil which is what Caverject is.
In all this stuff - ask your doctor and pharmacist - and be persistent. If you don't complain, they don't treat you.
Paul

Julios

Postby Julios » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 am

There may be one other factor to consider. I have found 0.075ml to work very well for me. Again; 0.075mg. It will give me an erection like steel for 3 hours. But then at other times same amount and even more produces nothing. The only difference I can see is the exact spot I stick it. I try to vary the spot a little to reduce risk of developing fibrosis. But I always keep it generally near the base and at 3:00 and 9:00 positions. Perhaps try slightly different areas, and ask your Dr. if you are hitting the right spot.

Best wishes
Age 54
RP July 2010. All nerves spared on right, 25% on left
Pathology: T3b, Gleas 9, Pos Margins, EPE
Currently on ADT
Using Trimix successfully: 0.08ml; 20MCG Alprostadil 1MG Phentolamine 30MG/ML Papaverine

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:19 pm

update - checked my prescription and the actual bottle - nothing tells me the concentrations and in fact the prescription has 'triple mix' and 'caverject' on it - the bottle says it's 'papaverene' so not sure what's going on. I'll contact pharmacist to see what s/he can tell me. Any particular concentrations that have worked especially well for anyone out there? Definitely don't wanna get too much alprostadil in there and end up wasting the bottle .
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

Julios

Postby Julios » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:14 pm

See bottom of my signature to see what mixture I use. Works well for me, with some tips I Learned. Get yourself in a quiet, relaxed state. Get some circulation of blood going before the stick using your hand. Thrust the needle in instead of a slow insert (don't know why that helps). If using 1/2" needle instead of 5/16", dont go in th 8-) e last 1/16" to 1/8". After sticking, squeeze dick over injection area for a couple minutes. Then work dick with hand a little until it starts to grow.

If none of that works, ask uro about increasing dosage. More ideas can be found at HealingWell under Prostate Cancer/Using Trimix.

Keep at it!
Age 54
RP July 2010. All nerves spared on right, 25% on left
Pathology: T3b, Gleas 9, Pos Margins, EPE
Currently on ADT
Using Trimix successfully: 0.08ml; 20MCG Alprostadil 1MG Phentolamine 30MG/ML Papaverine

drobert14

Postby drobert14 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:19 pm

first post and my question seems to fit this topic.

quick background - decided to try injections due to ED attributable to diabetes and I'm not satisfied with oral meds - saw ad for a "male performance clinic" - test injection of Tri-Mix worked but I felt the clinic was sketchy and using hard sell tactics for commitment to buy medication from the clinic at what i think are inflated prices. I did leave with medication though (more about that later).

My question is interpreting the dose that was determined to be effective (I've injected twice). The paperwork has the following info on the mix/dose:

0.7cc#4+0.1ccP(150)+0.2cc 2%lido=1.0ccSpmx

Can anyone interpret?

Back to the clinic experience - after nearly storming out because of the pushy sales tactics by my "counselor" - I finally gave in on the smallest package - overall I received exam, test dose, lab test for Testosterone and PSA, 5 syringes with dose already measured, an autoinjection device, and a travel bag. All for the price of $458. Maybe my insurance will cover part of it!!

The clinic's pricing was based on the up-front quantity of doses you would purchase and ranged from $16 per dose to $30 per dose and seemed to be one price regardless of the mixture.

But i had already been doing research and was quite sure I could get my own for less. Except the clinic still hasn't provided a prescription. So my interest in interpreting the dose info as i seek another physician to talk to.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:53 am

drobert - I did a lot of reading on the male enhancement clinics and their 'cousin' - Boston Medical Group - overall reviews were pretty much your experience - pushy and expensive although they may have come up with a mix that works pretty well. To me, it looks like your paperwork is in "code" that only they know how to decipher (so you'll need to keep coming back to them???). The trimix I just got cost $85 for the vial and has at least thirty doses in it. That's less than $3 a dose! Saw the uro yesterday and between him and the pharmacist we beefed up my mix to see if I can get some even better results without having to use so much of it in one injection (have gotten up to .27cc) although they both said it would be okay to go up to .5cc - especially since it loses its potency over time (I've had my 10ml vial for close to 6 months). Haven't tried the new stuff yet but hope to this weekend. I'll update . . .
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

drobert14

Postby drobert14 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:57 pm

ScotK and rglassva - thanks for verifying what i thought.

The clinic did have a disclaimer that the patient could use a compounding pharmacy of patients choosing, but that was just a sentence in one of many forms they required to be signed, they certainly didn't make any effort to point it out. They still owe me a prescription as part of the cost of the initial visit, so will get that from them and then follow-up with a compounding pharmacy and also see what my insurance will cover.

I'm also trying to convince my primary care physician to prescribe Tri-Mix Gel and see if that is effective - though it is quite expensive and not sure if insurance will cover it. I guess I'm still a little queasy with the needles, but since I've only injected twice that may get easier.

I'll report on the gel once I get to try it.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:11 pm

I tried the gel too - you're right - very expensive ($135 for 6 doses) and my insurance didn't cover any of it. For me, much better results with the injections and if you use a 30 or 31 gauge needle you really almost don't feel it - almost! Good luck!
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:32 am

So, for my latest experiment I used .45cc of my newer beefed up trimix - I can say it worked a bit better than the other batch and I would say the residual effects lasted a bit longer. Has anyone used this much or more before? I'm wondering if the erection (or at least what I got) is from the effects of the ingredients or just that 'junior' was just full of trimix! :lol:
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

Return to “Injections”