increasing dosage

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Bluewhippet

Re: increasing dosage

Postby Bluewhippet » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Yes Dave, 0.40ml (40 units) would be 8 mcg (very small dose by my standards!). As to price, a pack of 2 Caverject 20 mcg dual-chamber syringes cost in UK about £24 (about $37 Canadian) but under our National Health Service I am prescribed 4 dual pack 20 mcg Caverject dual chamber syringes each month at no cost to me. The 40 mcg vial which comes with sterile water and a syringe is a similar price. Both are freeze dried alprostadil and can be stored at room temperature until mixed with the sterile water. My packs usually have a manufacturers expiry date 18 months to 2 years ahead when I collect them. Pfizer tell you that any mixed solution you dont use should be thrown away but in practice you can store in the fridge below 5 degrees centigrade. Providing that the mixture is still clear and has not separated or become cloudy you should have no problem in using your supply beyond 3 months although you might have to inject a larger dose because the Alprostadil has partially degraded (it does not degrade into anything harmful). The only possible problem is bacterial growth in the stored solution but if you are meticulous about keeping the mixture refrigerated, only using a sterile single use syringe and wiping the cap of your storage vial before use contamination is unlikely. The great thing is that for me it works very well and I do not suffer from the pain or ache after injection which some men experience with Alprostadil (circa 30%?).
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

TF09261958

Postby TF09261958 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:31 am

Has anyone on this site injected prior to 24 hours? Injected 15 units last night and nothing happened. I injected about 18 units the first time before sex and got about an 80% boner. Any suggestions?

abhishek26

Postby abhishek26 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:54 am

TF09261958 wrote:Has anyone on this site injected prior to 24 hours? Injected 15 units last night and nothing happened. I injected about 18 units the first time before sex and got about an 80% boner. Any suggestions?

if nothing happened with 15 units while you were able to get a penetrable erection with 18 units beforehand, very high chance of just a misfire. in that case, I believe it might be okay. but make sure with your urologist/doctor
24 y/o suffering from sudden onset of severe ED (from previously having no ED at all). perfectly normal penile doppler and blood/hormone/urine test results. UPDATE: diagnosed with tight pelvic floor dysfunction :roll:

paul1685

Postby paul1685 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:47 pm

I’m doing 10 units of Trimix and getting a nice hard on for about 2 hours. After ejaculating my boner goes down some but a little stimulation and it’s right back up.

Whodat

Postby Whodat » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:40 pm

Sounds like a missfire too. Have only injected twice in one day when no response from injection probably due to missing the target. Have increased my dosage from 18 units to 25 units of PGE1 after injecting for almost 6 years. Get a solid boner for 3 hours then down after orgasm but back up in 10 minutes. What really helps my duration is having my GF suck for a little while then lube it down for 10 minutes with some jerking and ball sucking. At that point im ready to stick it until orgasm or just run out of steam. Then have her jerk it off. Keep my PGE1 refrigerated and renew annually but even sometimes try the old stuff for another year for backup and it still works.
Have no pain or ache issues.
Age 80 good health. Radiation prostate 28 hits 4 years ago with 6 months of horrible ADT. Good recovery and ED worse.
Can't tolerate oral drugs but 5 years of Alprostadil 40mcg/ml 25 units is a miracle for 3 hours. GF is happy!!

Return to “Injections”