WAIT - Ugh.

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
jLW1964

WAIT - Ugh.

Postby jLW1964 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks for your input. I went to the Urologist and he helped me with my first shot. Immediately there was a response but not as large as we had hoped. He scheduled me to come back for another larger dose. This time I was supposed to give the shot. I had it all ready. I lined it up correctly suddenly the doctor started pushing on the syringe as I was trying to put it in. The shot went in but pointed down a little. It would have been fine had he not of been in such a hurry. The dose was increased from 10 to 12.5 with no noticeable improvement. My new bride and I wanted to utilize mini-me this weekend. He wouldn't give me anything. Therefore I have to wait until Tuesday morning to try again. It is very frustrating for my wife and I. The initial results would penetrate her. But, we have to wait. We both are so sexually frustrated. He won't let me do it on my own yet. I told him my wife could give the shot. He would have to train my wife. He said my technique has to improved before he prescribes it. Ugh. I am supposed to shave my pubic hair and get a mirror. Why didn't he tell me that the last time? OF course I was a little unsure, this was the first time I have ever brought something so sharp so close to my mini-me!

JimStars

Re: WAIT - Ugh.

Postby JimStars » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm

JL,

I can see how frustrating that could be .. wasting a whole weekend.
Do you have your own prescription? But he is keeping it? Or is he just using his own stash to first get it right?
Seems a little over-controlling on the Doc's part, unless you really did seem to not know what you were doing yet?
Hope you get real liftoff next Tuesday ... and forever after.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

jLW1964

Postby jLW1964 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:45 am

He hasn't given me the prescription yet. He is using his own stash in the office. Alprostadil is the medication. Any idea how much it would cost? Does insurance cover any of this? I have medicare and blue cross. I give myself shots of insulin with no problems. Before moving to a diabetic pump, I gave myself six shots a day. But a shot in the penius is a new adventure.

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:11 am

Yes, Medicare and Blue Cross should pay; much depends on your compounding pharmacy's willingness to file properly. My cost for a month's supply from Avella Specialty Pharmacy (which included Fed Ex shipping, too) was $40. That cost was for three 2ml vials. You can buy one hundred syringes from Walmart for less than $20, I believe. If you look closely at Ohohiakane's injection sequence on this Injection forum and follow his advice, you will have no problem injecting on your own. If you need a little practice, why not buy a nice jumbo hotdog and practice with a syringe to get the right angle. When you start injecting on your own hotdog, remember to plump it up a little before applying the alcohol and injecting. Best wishes; you can do it!

John

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:33 pm

I believe the out of pocket cost depends on your insurance. I also order from Aveila and my cost is $80 for a three month supply (six 2ml vials) . My Uro let me practice with saline in the office before using the real stuff at home.

I wish you luck.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

jLW1964

Postby jLW1964 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:03 pm

Well tomorrow is 'D' day. My beautiful bride decided to take time off from work to come and assist in my injection. she wants to make sure we leave with a prescription, medicine, or both. I am thankful and relieved. It is a good thing we are not violent people nor own a gun as she may be tempted to use it if we don't get to consummate this marriage soon. LOL. :D Any suggestions or help would be welcome. Thanks for the input. We have practiced on a hotdog. It doesn't grow. I sure hope I do. (Grin)

Return to “Injections”