Trimix-freeze or not to freeze

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
ThatTallGuy

Re: Trimix-freeze or not to freeze

Postby ThatTallGuy » Thu May 04, 2023 12:07 am

Frenchie wrote:
bldoink wrote:It's the alprostadil that loses potency quickly when not frozen. If your tri-mix isn't really alprostadil dependent then alprostadil degradation won't really be noticed much if at all. I suspect that in a mix heavy with alprostadil you will notice degradation fairly rapidly.

Keep in mind I'm not a medical or pharmacological expert of any kind. I did not sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

So Alprostadil should always be kept in the freezer and not the fridge?
How many hours can Alprostadil survive in room temperature if I wanna hook up with some girl and have a prefilled syringe with me? Does it lose efficacy in 2-3 hours or longer?

I tried a little experiment awhile back where I left a syringe out in room temperature for 48 hours and then tried it. No issues.
Then I tried it for over 60 hours at room temp. No issues and it didn't turn cloudy.
I now carry some syringes in a Zip-lok baggie in my suitcase without a cold pack, then pop them in the fridge when I get where I'm going and have had no problems with potency.

denmark3400

Postby denmark3400 » Thu May 04, 2023 7:15 am

if you dont need Alprostadil (for example i dont need) you can store it in room temperature. Only Alprostadil loses efficiency if not in refrigerator.

Magic Rat

Postby Magic Rat » Thu May 11, 2023 2:01 pm

Does anyone have any issues with air bubbles while freezing Trimix in syringes? I've tried it and saw a little air bubble when I thawed the syringe. Got the willies about injecting it (ahem), so I thawed the bottle and started over. Admittedly the air bubble is not a big one, but it gave me cause for concern. Should i be concerned about air bubbles?

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Thu May 11, 2023 2:11 pm

I read a urologist's advice that a grain-of-rice size bubble is ok, and I've injected that size many times without a problem. But I see no reason to freeze Trimix. I've used Trimix with papaverine, phentolamine, and prostaglandin, kept at 40F (4C) for months, letting it go to room temperature for 16 hours in a pre-loaded syringe before use, and it's good as new.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

brian188

Postby brian188 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:12 am

My compounding pharmacy told me to keep all of the vials in the freezer. Use one vial at a time, and then it can be placed back into in the frig as long as it it is kept cold for next time.
Age 69. RP March 2023. Sildenafil 50mg. Tri-Mix 20/30/2 @ 30 units. VED with Vacurect. Penile Rehab Program including, Vacuum Therapy, stretching, and routine masturbation. Married 38 years. Solo sex only.

Return to “Injections”