Scarring risk for injections?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Frenchie

Scarring risk for injections?

Postby Frenchie » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:36 pm

Do the majority of men on injections develop scarring and Peyronies after some years of usage as it is widely depicted here?
Or are the results biased because most of men who have problems go on to complain in these forums?
Is there any peer reviewed study on fibrosis after long term injections? How much is really the risk?
Venous like since I was 20 years old. Pills don't work too well. Thinking of implant in the future

TwoStep

Re: Scarring risk for injections?

Postby TwoStep » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:09 am

There seems to be only one study with long-term follow-up:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31477852/

It’s retrospective and suffers from selection bias but it shows that some patients were able to use it for 10-20 years. Other than that there were some studies in the 1980’s but only with follow-up of around one year. But I don’t think there’s any high-quality evidence out there.

There’s also quite a few franktalk members who have used 1000 injections and a few have used them for 20 years. Some of them are collected in the “injections leaderboard” thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18622

The thread only includes people who responded to it, and there’s a few more users on the site who have used long-term, (a decade or 1000 injections).

Biker22

Postby Biker22 » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:57 am

If you are using Invicorp or other medications where it is supplied in glass ampoules then I would highly recommend throwing the blunt draw up needles away and buy BD filter needles as there is always a certain amount of glass particles that end up in the solution otherwise.
The idea of injecting glass particles into your penis... I can't help thinking this is likely to cause plaques.

Most countries Nursing/medical guidelines recommend using filter needles for draw up from glass ampoules that you have to break open. There was a good photo showing how much glass is dispersed when they are opened, cant find it now but was in one of the research papers I found. I'll try and find it later
UK based, 48yrs Old, had ED all my life. PDE5 pill no longer work on their own, Currently on 0.5ml of Invicorp (Aviptadil 36mcg/ 2.85mg Phentolamine). Injections efficacy dropped after Covid infection, took 4-5 months for injections to start working again

misterecz

Postby misterecz » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:11 am

I've used injections for like 3 years now. Like 3-4 times a week and sometimes several times in a day.
No scarring, but:
- Always alternate sides
- Use a 31 gauge needle
- Use a VED every day
- Do traction
Peyronie's From Rough Sex in 2020.
Developed Erectile Dysfunction, Dorsal, & Lateral Curvature.
Treated With Traction, VED, DMSO, & PGE1.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mrecz

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:07 pm

It depends on the guy, some guys inject Trimix for 30 years with no problems and some guys get bad damaged right away
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

Return to “Injections”