How long is Phenylephrine good for?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Kiawahgolf

How long is Phenylephrine good for?

Postby Kiawahgolf » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:31 pm

The pharmacist at the compounding center said the Phenylephrine is basically a one use vial but said I could keep it for 3-7 days after initial use. Can you not freeze it for longer life? I don’t use much when needed, maybe 5-10 units so there’s many potential uses in one 5ml vial. Thoughts?

Thanks!

KeithC

Re: How long is Phenylephrine good for?

Postby KeithC » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:54 am

A 5ML bottle is single use?? They gave me 1ml vials when they were out of larger ones. THOSE could be considered single use. Even though I used them 3 or 4 times usually. The vials I got always had a factory stamp on them and the expiration date was usually around 18 months later.

I've kept them and used them for months. It doesn't even need to be refrigerated. I usually stored it with the trimix anyway. Just keep the top of the vial clean and sterilize the rubber top before use.

Kiawahgolf

Postby Kiawahgolf » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:28 pm

KeithC wrote:A 5ML bottle is single use?? They gave me 1ml vials when they were out of larger ones. THOSE could be considered single use. Even though I used them 3 or 4 times usually. The vials I got always had a factory stamp on them and the expiration date was usually around 18 months later.

I've kept them and used them for months. It doesn't even need to be refrigerated. I usually stored it with the trimix anyway. Just keep the top of the vial clean and sterilize the rubber top before use.

Thanks Keith. I don’t assume my compound is any different from yours but I don’t know why the pharmacist would tell me that. He said even the Trimix vials are technically considered “single use” although he said they were good for 3-6 months frozen.

Kiawahgolf

Postby Kiawahgolf » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:29 pm

KeithC wrote:A 5ML bottle is single use?? They gave me 1ml vials when they were out of larger ones. THOSE could be considered single use. Even though I used them 3 or 4 times usually. The vials I got always had a factory stamp on them and the expiration date was usually around 18 months later.

Thanks Keith. I don’t assume my compound is any different from yours but I don’t know why the pharmacist would tell me that. He said even the Trimix vials are technically considered “single use” although he said they were good for 3-6 months frozen.

Return to “Injections”