Cruise Ships, FedEx, Port Agents and Trimix

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Jayguy

Cruise Ships, FedEx, Port Agents and Trimix

Postby Jayguy » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:38 am

Thought I'd share an fun story to the forum. My wife an I recently went on a short cruise. We live in Florida so the cruise ports are only a few hours away. I ordered the full range of items needed to transport my injections. Basically an insulated medical carrier [url](https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7ZHDR4?ps ... ct_details)[/url] with two small gel freezing packs (normally used for insulin syringes) and 4 carrier tubes https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S7ZHDR4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_detailsdesigned to hold individual syringes that are filled with meds.

I froze the filled syringes and the night before boarding we stayed at our son's home as he lives a little closer to the departure port. I thought I'd be careful and store the trimix overnight in his freezer. And yes, you guessed it, we forgot to retrieve it prior to departure! After boarding the ship I realized my error. Our first stop the next morning was Key West. After exploring various options (there is no compounding pharmacy on Key West) I decided to have him FedEx overnight the trimix package from his town to Key West. The ship provided a port agent contact and my son shipped it off to the agent.

The agent had told us that FedEx would land in Key West around 9-10 in the morning. Fed Ex would drop the package at her office, then she would bring it to the ship prior to departure. The ship's departure was set for 4:30 That package was "out for delivery" the whole dam day! Mind you Key West was a sunny 83 degrees that day. I gave up all hope... Then at 4:45 guest relations calls! My package made the ship in time!

My next worry was that the 24 hours without refrigeration in the Florida heat would destroy the efficacy of the trimix. The good news is that we put it to the test that evening and my mast was flying high! Thanks to my son, Fed Ex, and a port agent we had a wonderful pleasure filled cruise!
Birth Year 1959, Happily married to wife since 1987. On TRT since age 45, started sildenafil at age 48. Had lifesaving abdominal surgery at 61 with lost erectile function following surgery. Started trimix in January 2023 at age 63.

Return to “Injections”