Is it still priapism if...

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Shootanoogah

Is it still priapism if...

Postby Shootanoogah » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:29 pm

Folks,
I need your input in the issue that I have been facing with Trimix. I have been injecting for a year now, with a relative success.

Usually, my erections recedes after 3 or 4 hours, naturally or after squats, push up, hot shower or Sudafed etc.

But almost every time, I go to sleep after getting soft but wake up with a boner. Some days, I used it for a morning redo but I can't help but worrying about the potential damage.
So my question is: is it still priapism if it goes soft and comes back on during sleep ? Has anybody experienced the off and on effect? How did you remedy that?

Note: the morning one is a little more painful.
60 y/o. Sudden ED at 54. Pills and Acoustic Wave Therapy unsuccessful. Trimix (PAP 30/PH:05 / PRG 10) working at 5-7 units . LOOKING FOR AFFORDABLE WAYS TO GO BIONIC. Direct Message me of any affordable IMPLANT SOLUTIONS.

KeithC

Re: Is it still priapism if...

Postby KeithC » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:05 am

I used to be like that. If I did enough trimix to get hard I would stay hard for more than 4 hours.

I injected phenylephrine for it.

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:51 am

I’m not a doctor. You should consult one. Don’t rely on me for medical advice. This is strictly one layman’s opinion based upon experience. All standard disclaimers apply.

I don’t think what you’re describing is a real priapism.

If you get the erection to subside, whether it be by time, exercise, a cold shower, Sudafed, or a combination of those things, then you are getting flow thru your dick and fresh, oxygenated blood is getting into your organ. That means the priapism is over.

Now, if your nocturnal erections don’t develop then subside as they normally would, you could still be depriving your cock of fresh oxygenated blood for extended periods and that would be a problem. That’s why you need to talk to your doctor. He may want to throttle back your dosage somewhat.

For the first 8-10 years I did bimix or trimix I had the same phenomenon. Actually, I’d get excited thinking that maybe my ED was going away.

What I think is happening: you metabolize some of the drug, and you’re able to kill the erection sufficiently to restore flow thru the penis. You go to sleep. Your body relaxes. So do the smooth muscle fibers in the penis which are an integral part of permitting increased arterial flow in. There’s still some un-metabolized trimix in there. You’re getting enough of a boost /(which really is what any injectable is, a boost to help the arterial flow in exceed the venous flow out). To where here comes another good erection.

That also explains why some guys eventually don’t get much benefit from shots and have to look at implant. Eventually either the arterial insufficiency gets so low or the venous leakage gets so rapid that the medication can’t give you enough of a boost to overcome it. It isn’t that the drugs quit working. It’s that the plumbing is so bad that patching it with duct tape doesn’t help.

However, I’ve just made the case for injecting. You don’t replace the entire house’s plumbing for a bit of a leak in the PVC when a wrap or two of tape will keep it going.

Talk to your doctor. Frankly, the fact is this response (to me) is a good omen that injections might work for you for a long time.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

misterecz

Postby misterecz » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:10 pm

No that's not priapism. Dr. Eid said that every time the erection subsides the clock resets. So you're good.
Peyronie's From Rough Sex in 2020.
Developed Erectile Dysfunction, Dorsal, & Lateral Curvature.
Treated With Traction, VED, DMSO, & PGE1.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@mrecz

Rebz89

Postby Rebz89 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:47 pm

I was the same pre implant. I would wake up horny and with wood all the time. I was always in pain pist orgasm and would wait for it to go down or sleep with hard or semi. Even if it went soft before sleep I'd have erections later the next day or morning. So in my experience that's all normal.

I'd deffo reccomend looking into a penile implant. I'm 4 weeks post op and so happy not to have the mood killer and pain any longer. Feel free to message me if needed for pics or info
33 UK NHS patient
AMS 700 23cm implanted 13th Dec 2022.
Type1 diabetic.
Tried pills and injections before finally getting the implant.
Happy to share pictures and story.

KeithC

Postby KeithC » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:26 pm

Rebz89 wrote:I was the same pre implant. I would wake up horny and with wood all the time. I was always in pain pist orgasm and would wait for it to go down or sleep with hard or semi. Even if it went soft before sleep I'd have erections later the next day or morning. So in my experience that's all normal.

I'd deffo reccomend looking into a penile implant. I'm 4 weeks post op and so happy not to have the mood killer and pain any longer. Feel free to message me if needed for pics or info

Ok Doc,
Explain why he should ruin a working penis with an implant.
Your four weeks of experience?

Txagq8

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:36 pm

Keith: I know you weren’t addressing me but let me second your emotion. If injections work, work well, and don’t have a severe impact on intimacy, then I would ride that Hoss until it dropped dead and then get the implant.

I went on injections from the start, since there were no PDE5 inhibitors or other oral medications when I got diagnosed. 1987 if I remember correctly. Bimix was it.

I love my LGX. I wish I had had it sooner. Even though injections worked well for me-the first 10 years, the next 10 were so-so and the last 10 were better than no sex at all but not by much.

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, step back, and look before you leap. The implant is a great option and most guys who get them are well pleased. They should NEVER be the first course of action, and really ought to be held in reserve if other methods are unsatisfactory.

If sex with pills, shots, a cock ring, vacuum pump don’t cut it, get an implant. I’ll send you a get well card. But a guy ought to try every other remedy out there first because there is no putting the genie back in the bottle once they rip your plumbing out.
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

frwmw1

Postby frwmw1 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:01 am

I think the thing is, if you've got sufficient venous leakage to require injection therapy, low flow priapism is a low risk.
45yo, venous leak. Pills increased tinnitus (very rare). Using bimix+atropine, 0.2 of:
Atropine Sulfate: 52MCG/ML, Phentolamine MES: 0.9MG/ML, Papaverine HCL: 26MG/ML

azmike

Postby azmike » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:00 am

I do not believe what you describe is priapism

Shootanoogah

Postby Shootanoogah » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:47 pm

Thank you all for these extremely useful postings. FrankTalk is really a great forum. Thank you.
60 y/o. Sudden ED at 54. Pills and Acoustic Wave Therapy unsuccessful. Trimix (PAP 30/PH:05 / PRG 10) working at 5-7 units . LOOKING FOR AFFORDABLE WAYS TO GO BIONIC. Direct Message me of any affordable IMPLANT SOLUTIONS.

Return to “Injections”