Effects of lumbar surgery

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
wgs743

Effects of lumbar surgery

Postby wgs743 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:58 pm

Has anyone had lumbar fusion surgery and had difficulty getting and maintaining an erection with Trimix?
I had the procedure 4 months ago. Was not physically able to inject until six weeks ago. Not even close to erection. Surgeon says nerves were still recovering, and it will just take time.
Went to my Urologist a month ago and he said it was old age. I will turn 79 later this month. I have been on trimix for 6 years, and have been gradually increasing amount over the years. Before surgery, I could get good erection with 36 units. Uro told me to increase amount by 2 units each time until I got good results. I am up to 50 units and cannot maintain hard-on long enough for happy ending. I will keep boosting amount, but it is really frustrating.
Has anyone else had spinal surgeryand had this experience?

Old Guy

Re: Effects of lumbar surgery

Postby Old Guy » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:19 pm

No surgery, although I was scheduled for that same one. But I've had so many steroid injections, nerve ablations and it doesn't get much better.
I used Trimix for maybe 4 years Near the end my dose was up to 60-80 units and I was having failures. Then I'd be achy all the next day. Quadmix worked for a few months, increased dose almost every use to get effect. When that failed had to give in and take the final step.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

wgs743

Postby wgs743 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:24 pm

Thanks, Old Guy.
At this point, my choice is to keep increasing dose until I can get and keep a boner. Just hope that nerves in groin heal so I can go back to normal dose.
Urologist said that if I get where 80+ units don't work, he has another med, not quad mix, but only lasts for about a year. Guess I should start researching implants cost, insurance, etc.

Old Guy

Postby Old Guy » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:38 pm

You're welcome. Unfortunately, after Trimix and Quadmix failed for me the implant was the only way to go. Yes, I hurt for a while but now I have to say it's one of the best things ever. No more jumping up to go inject, hoping it works this time.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

Up4Real?

Postby Up4Real? » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:11 pm

wgs743

I feel / felt your pain.... sort of. I am now 75 and had my first lumbar surgery (L4-to S-1) at 72.5 and now 3.5 months ago a 2nd back surgery (L-2 to L-3) after the disc above the prior surgical site herniated. I have had titanium rods that stabilized the lower 3 vertebrae removed at the second surgery and then the surgeon connected all 5 vertebrae with bilateral titanium rods. Part of those procedures each time were laminectomies and fusions. I currently have a total of 10 screws in my lower back. After both the 1st and 2nd surgeries had healed (not complete on the most recent one) I have been pleasantly surprised by the flexibility I have. I wore a surgical brace for the 1st 3 months and the only part time after that for a couple months.
If interested, after you review my posting(s), I can provide more detail if you like.
I had a 22cm Coloplast penile implant with a 125 ml reservoir and a legacy pump (the older variety) placed in Nov. 2020. I felt I had reached the end of the ED road and was convinced it was the right thing for me to do. Much of that confidence originated from the high percentage of satisfaction by men who have had the procedure performed. I won't put you on -there have been some ups and downs.
Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. I had a great surgeon who describes the results as "fantastic". I agree.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you traverse this process.
Up (and now 4 Real)
1947-76YO Uncut Married 47 years to supportive wife. Serious ED at 65YO. Used pills, VED, rings, Muse, Increasing Trimix: discontinued with 85 units of 80/3/25 didn't work. Got peyronies. 22cm Coloplast Titan 11/18/20. Legacy pump.125ml reservoir. Pleased

HappyAgain

Postby HappyAgain » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:33 am

I’ve had 4 lumbar surgeries, I’m fused from L2-S1 and into my iliac crests (hips) we thought prior to the surgery that ED was caused by the pain and nerve impingement and that after I’d be able to get an erection. Wrong, didn’t help one bit and implant was my solution. I’m feeling better and sex has never been better. Hope this helps in some way.

Return to “Injections”