Trimix vs Edex

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
trimix60

Trimix vs Edex

Postby trimix60 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:39 pm

I saw my Uro today and told him about my trip to visit my GF in the Philippines at the end of September and that I wanted to take my Trimix with me and we discussed the refrigeration problem that I might encouter with that.

He suggested that I try Edex because it is not required to be kept cold and gave me a prescription for a couple of 10 MCG kits to try out.

Currently .25 cc of Trimix works great for me. Anyone have any experiences with Edex vs Trimix they would share with me.....just doing my home work....

Cheers,

Curt

lexmc1945

Re: Trimix vs Edex

Postby lexmc1945 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Most injection products for ED can be safely stored at room temperature or about 25C. When we travel we use a product called a Frio wallet to maintain cool temperatures. The wallet cools by evaporation and is fine to include in a carry on bag, we traveled through Spain and Malaysia in September last year and it worked perfectly. All you do is soak the insert in water for a few minutes and it's good to go, works for days in mild temperatures without re activating. You can buy them from Frio in the UK or Amazon, in our experience the claims they make are accurate.
Healthy 70yo used injectibles for 20 odd years, Alprostadil, Caverject and now a variation of bimix.

Eugene

Re: Trimix vs Edex

Postby Eugene » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 am

I have been succesfully been using Edex for 6 months and am pleased with it compared to Trimix. When I moved I could not find a pharmacy that handled it nearby so my Uro recommended Edex. I am glad he did. Trimix for me is more of a hassle for the reasons you mention... you can't always take it with you when you travel without being concerned about its efficacy. Edex is quick and easy. I did have a phamacist tell me that she does not recommend that I have the Edex box set mailed to my house during the extremely hot summer months as she was concerned that they could 'cook' in the mail enroute to me.

Having said this I must add that I did not do any back to back comparisions for the two drugs. So take my experience accordingly.
Prostatectomy and radiation therapy 2/05. AMS 700 implanted 9/17.

Return to “Injections”