worked several months ago, now not so much

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
jeff01

worked several months ago, now not so much

Postby jeff01 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:18 am

I used trimix about six months ago with great success. Tonight I tried it THREE times. first injection, nothing. Second, hard enough for penentration, then as I came, so did the erection. went to dinner and tried a third injection and nothing. When i used it before, I would stay hard for a few hours. Tonight I tried a dosage of 20, then 25 and finally 30.
How long does the medication last in the refergerator? I've been reading here that it needs to be injected into the CC. I have been injecting at the 3 oclock position. How do I know when I'm in the right spot. I've also read here that I need to be able to see a little blood and should withdraw a little prior to injecting the TRIMIX. Also read that closer to the base of the penis is best...
Either the TRIMIX I have is no longer any good or I'm not injecting it right.
I have met a wonderful woman and don't want to lose her over not being able to perform.

Cajun Jeff

Re: worked several months ago, now not so much

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 am

Jeff, it sounds like your trimix may have died! How old is it? Did you keep it in the firdge? I would try another new script and see if that fixes the problem.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

shipper222001

Postby shipper222001 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 pm

I agree. Probaby bad medication. Just curious. YOu said you lost your erection afer climax. Isnt that normal for most men? Also I always found its better to inject at 2 and 10 and to a right angle on the penis. Better see the uro and get his advice and new medicaion

tankerman777

Postby tankerman777 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 pm

It might be that the trimix is getting flushed out with the blood before it has a chance to work you might try a cock ring befor you inject to hold the trimix in so it has a chance to work once it starts working then take it off I hope this is helpful for you good luck and keep us all posted.
I am 49 years old have suffered from ED all my life. I have used pills and injections, I have had enough of all of that. I went and got an implant AMS700CX 9/4/13 so far I have no regrets. I LOVE THIS THING IT IS GREAT NO MORE ED WHOOHOO!!!!!.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Jeff,

Six months ago and just now using again? That is sad .. so sad.

Well if it is a matter of opportunity knocking, be aware that you should just use it regularly, whether you got a partner or not -- once or twice a week. Its good thereapy for the member.

And then you'll never have to worry about the surprise of a Trimix that has gone past expiration. If you only need 20u the you got at least 25 shots there in a 5 ml bottle -- enough for a couple of months. If you are getting only a 10-pack of syringes from your pharmacist, you can easily get a 100 pack (or 50u 30g) from Amazon for less than 15 bucks.

So start shooting and shoot often!

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

RickRed40

Postby RickRed40 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:53 pm

I had the same experience with Bi-mix. I thought is was a result of a bad or outdated batch, so I ordered another one. Same results. I went totally filling the needle with bi-mix (new batch) no response.
Went back to UCSF for a consult. They didn't know why the meds stopped working, but clearly it did. They evaluated my injection technique, and had me inject during the visit. Zero, nada, nothing. They tried me on tr-mix. For me a small dose caused so much pain, that was the end of my injecting days. It lasted all of 4 months.

Fortunately I do have some response to ED meds, but I was sorry (and somewhat relieved) when injecting no longer worked. I thought this was a rare, but lately I've met many men who had to stop injecting because they no longer are responsive to injections. Before making that assumption:
1. Try a new batch
2. Make sure you are injecting correctly
3. Increase in the dose
4. Consult with your Urologist

Wish you the best.
Rick

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 am

Same general response for me! Only worked for several years, then wife had a couple of surgeries that slowed things down a lot. Insurance at that time wasn't covering injections so expense made me stop for about six months. Upon resumption, no usable result. Some response but not enough to use. Urologist visits; in process of scheduling implant.

Injection for me were, when they worked, they WORKED! When they didn't; no joy. Oral ED meds and the like didn't work.

Injected lower third of penis. In the beginning 11 mcg of alprostadil would work for about 2 hours. CUm or no cum; 2 hours.

Now no joy.

See your urologist and good luck.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

6gun 44 mag

Postby 6gun 44 mag » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:28 pm

I wish I understood the veinous leak much better. I shoot with 50 units of Tri-Mix, get hard enough for about 5 minutes of good action, and then I sense the whole thing going limp. O marvel at men who claim to use 10 or 20 units and stay rock solid for 2 hours, or keep going after shooting c um. Never worked like that here, and there has been no dosage decrease as if less is better I can attest to. I'm glad sex isn't all I have going in life, but darn it, wish something worked 100 % everytime, I'd pay a lot for that.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:23 am

6gun,

Have you ever tried Island Rings for some mild constriction which MIGHT reduce your venous leakage somewhat and let you keep hard for a longer time? They are simple silicone rings (with little bumps molded into the ring) that barely restrict flow -- probably only surface or shallow veins but that might be OK. And they DON't really restrict incoming flow in the deeper arteries -- which is what you want withTrimix.

They come 3 to a pack (tiny, medium and large) .. maybe two of the three would be useful. And get this -- you put one under the glans/head .. maybe another in the middle and one at the bottom. So you get three places of mild restriction of the flow.

I use two under the glans when I am using low dose PGE-1 urethral solution and it does really turn an otherwise uninteresting chubby into a full-fledged hard-on -- including the glans itself. But it only mildly restricts the flow (but restricts enough) so that a full erection is achieved with very little PGE-1. Plus no 20 minute limit on this restriction because it is so mild .. hours is fine.
(I don't have venous leak, but low dose PGE-1 urethrally kind of simulates it since it does not open up the arteries as much as full Trimix shot).

You can find the rings at Adam and Eve or Amazon for 4 bucks ..... So get a couple of packs and use even more combines. Your wife will probably find the bumpiness interesting too.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Return to “Injections”