Bulge under foreskin after injection

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
stone_t

Bulge under foreskin after injection

Postby stone_t » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Good evening guys,

I use an auto-injector due to the fear of inserting the needle by myself. Although I had a few successful injections, I assume that sometimes the needle doesn't enter the corpora which results in me getting a painful bulge between the foreskin and the corpora (happened 3 times already). Can one of the great veterans on this site give me some advice. Should i stop using the autoinjector on a whole and rely on inserting the needle freehand?? Words of wisdom will be appreciated.

carl08854

Re: Bulge under foreskin after injection

Postby carl08854 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:04 pm

I have never used an autoinjector but I have had a couple of bad injections in the begining that resulted in a big bulge at the inject site that left me unable to use my dick for the task intended. Since then I have learned the feeling of the needle being in the right place which I don't know how you would be able to know with an autoinjector. Also I have learned that if the needle is in the right place there is no pain or burning when injecting. All of my bad injections all burned when I did the injection. Now if I feel any discomfort when injecting(which hasn't happened in a long time) I withdraw the needle and re-insert it.
Hope this helps.
Carl

lexmc1945

Postby lexmc1945 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 am

I agree with Carl, in my personal experience when inserting the needle I can identify the right placement due to the fact that the sensation or discomfort of the needle going through tissue stops completely when it enters the corpus cavernosa. I also use the technique of withdrawing a little blood into the syringe to be certain.
It sounds like your technique of using the auto injector requires some work, I've never used one but my uro used one on me three times at one stage with perfect results every time.

If you continue to have problems either get some advice on technique from your uro or bite the bullet and try syringes, they are easy to use and after the first time or two I suspect your fears would disappear. Good luck!
Healthy 70yo used injectibles for 20 odd years, Alprostadil, Caverject and now a variation of bimix.

stone_t

Postby stone_t » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:49 am

Thanks for the advice Carl and Lexmc. Will provide an update

Stone

Return to “Injections”