Another Priapism ....

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
paperboy48

Another Priapism ....

Postby paperboy48 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:28 pm

About a month ago I injected myself with two 10 Units of Trimix. The first one was a dud, so I stupidly tried another about a half hour later. I ended up with a 5-6 hour erection which led me to the ER where they injected me with whatever they use to subside the erection. They did not have to draw blood to deflate the erection. There wasn't really any pain just uncomfortableness.

So, being single I have not needed the injection lately, so I have not tried again lately until last night. I was prescribed 10 units of trimix, being cautious of priapism I only injected 8 units last night which led me to the emergency room again due to a four hour erection. I was there so long, my erection ended up deflating on it's own right before they were about to inject me with the deflating meds. Total erection time was six hours. again, no pain.

I obviously need to use a much smaller dose. I was told not to inject again until my next appt in two weeks with my uro. But, now I am scared to death I have ruined my member with to episodes of priapism.

Anyone ever have more than one episode of priapism and end up being ok?

paperboy48

Re: Another Priapism ....

Postby paperboy48 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:13 pm

A

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:38 pm

My first injection was a lulu--30 units turned out to be way more than I needed. When I hit the 4 hour mark with a still usable erection, the uro nurse assured me (by phone) that I didn't need to go to the ER as long as the deflation process was under way. Apparently, it doesn't have to be finished at 4 hours as much as it needs to be underway. Even now that I have the proper dosage under control, it sometimes still takes several hours--even overnight--for Little G to be completely flaccid. I got a perfect pecker report on my 6 month and 12 month check-ups, so apparently slow deflation is not a big deal. No pun intended.

There are several posts on the site describing how you can prompt deflation to begin or to speed up. You might want to check some of those out. I use ice packs, cold rags, and pacing when I want to go to sleep without a tent pole.

My advice is to consult your uro as planned but also to enjoy your success in the meantime.

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

shipper222001

Postby shipper222001 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:35 am

My Uro told me that as long as the penis starts to get soft you Ok because there is some blood flow. After 2 hours I take some 30mg of regular sudafed which does the trick.

A freind of mine who sometimes has trouble getting soft told me the tries to climax a second time that gets it down. Also may be a great way if you have a willing partner

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:19 pm

My current 5ml vial of Trimix was filled 3/30/12. I normally inject 12 units when the prescription is new. However, I have recently been injecting 15 - 16 units in order to achieve a 1 hour erection which starts to dissipate immediately after ejaculation. This morning I injected 19 - 20 units in the right side which generated a good quality erection which started to dissipate after 5 minutes so I injected 10 more units in the other side. The extra units revived my erection to normal level which allowed me to "play around" and brought about an orgasm 20 - 25 minutes later, but which immediately began to dissipate after ejaculation.

I am hopping the decreased effectiveness of the Trimix is due to the age of the prescription and also because I am now down to the last ml of the Trimix. I still have enough left for a another "double injection" before moving on to my new vial to see if a fresh vial will allow me to move back to 12 units.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Paperb,

That is really bad that you got caught with your hard-up for 4+ hours twice. Sure must be playing havoc with your adrenaline levels each time you get ready now too (adrenaline will knock down a Big E -- even from Trimix -- although a Trimix one might not STAY down).

Like Ant, I too had a 30u first inject from my Uro, against my better judgement. Way too much so it did go almost 4 hours but was going down by then so no ER. 20u the next time -- still way too long ... 15 then 10u which is ideal 1-2hr.

Kinda late to say it but probably anytime you have a 4+ hr E then the next shot should be 1/2 of that amount at the most. Live and learn for all of us, except those lucky ones who read this in the future.

Also on the "not really having had an opportunity in last month". You really should just be using it every day or two or three, even if you've got no one to hold it except yourself. For rehab and of course to really be sure you have the shot and technique and the how-long-will-this-last down to a science before the moment of truth really comes around. (And at sounds like 5ml or so as your correct amount you have tons of shots in that old bottle).

So Use em!! Even if your E is just stuffed in your running shorts while you're mowing your lawn ...! We all need Big-E's ... lots of them.

j
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

paperboy48

Postby paperboy48 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:51 pm

I have had some decent erections since my priapism Friday night, so luckily I did not wreck my member.

I.have an appt with my uro next week, I will wait to see what he has to say

thanks for the feedback.....its nice to know I have you guys for support..

paperboy48

Postby paperboy48 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Went to my URO this monring for routine checkup.

He prescribed me phenylephrine to inject myself if I run into priapism diffuculties again... The pharmacy I use for Trimix cannot get this prescription because it is on a major back order or something to that effect. So, they are going to see if they can make it for me by compounding it at their pharmacy. I'll keep you updated....hopefully I won't need it though (fingers crossed)

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Sounds like a great plan! Kudos to your urologist.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

shipper222001

Postby shipper222001 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:30 pm

USE 4 30MG OF REGULAR sUDAFED. wORKS great

Return to “Injections”