Injections after Radical Prostatectomy

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Jake000

Re: Injections after Radical Prostatectomy

Postby Jake000 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:55 am

haha yes complete newbie here. It was 8 units. Next time I will try with 6

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:29 am

My URO sent me to penile physical therapy right after the RP. The pt helped me with Kegels and had me order a cheap VED. Also had the URO order Tri-mix for me. By 4 weeks post RP I was using VED every day for 30 minutes and a trimix shot every 5 days whether I used it or not. It was to stop shrinkage from reduced daily blood flow.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Spacecoast,

One thing I noticed with long-term therapy using a pump is that the portion of the Cavernosa that extends beyond the ballsack and between the legs slowly whithers without proper inflation (either naturally or shots). If you remember when you were a young-un you might have noticed that the two cavernosa (three if you include the cavernosa urethra) formed a mighty extension to your visible penis as it ran under your balls and was almost as big as the penis itself. It also gave extra penis length and strength to support the erection. Right now my two Corpora Cavernosa are very thin at that under balls area and do not expand. I think that was caused by using a VED pump for a few years which only expanded the outer penis and not the part under the balls area. Over time that under portion just whithered for lack of a better description. Even after starting injections that portion never recovered from its spindly size.

So the bottom line is to get on to injections as soon as you can (after continence) and do them daily if you can. A cheaper alternative would be to use Misoprost 200mcg pills urethrally so that you do not break the bank account getting better than natural erections (0nly 85 cents per pill per erection and they can last for many hours but not at dangerous levels).

So give that a thought and keep checking those cavernosa under your balls area (whenever you finally do get an erection).

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Return to “Injections”