Compounding Pharmacist

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Frank Talk Admin
Site Admin

Compounding Pharmacist

Postby Frank Talk Admin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:38 am

guys,
A friend of mine is a pharmacist. He owns his own shop. We were talking about Tri-mix, bi-mix etc. He has offered to buy the equipment to make these for ED guys.
He is a really good, compassionate guy. No, he won't make a fortune doing this, but is willing to help the cause.

Would you, or do you think other guys would, buy your injectables from a FrankTalk sponsored/approved pharmacist? Would this increase your confidence? I don't know, and I'm sure he doesn't know either, the exact cost, but it would be reasonable.

Do I urge him to go ahead?
Paul

gregorbehr

Re: Compounding Pharmacist

Postby gregorbehr » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:35 pm

I think that might an interesting option. When I was using injections, I just went with who my urologist suggested because I didn't know of anywhere else to get it.
But the cost was more painful than the injection. At $150 a bottle, plus $35 bucks in overnight shipping, I felt I was getting ripped off.
I think a lot of insurances don't pay for it, mine certainly didn't, so to be able to look at different reliable options would be a good thing.
51, San Francisco
Diabetic: used pills & injections.
2 TURP surgeries caused Peyronie's. 1st implant lost to infection, 2nd one is about 5 years old. But "floppy head" due to all the scar tissue, couldn't get tips all the way up.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:31 am

I agree with Greg. It would be nice to have options. If I decide to stay on caverject I would want to talk to him about him doing a generic.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Frank Furter

Postby Frank Furter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:06 pm

I get my bi-mix w/o prescription for 10.00 cc. That's $50.00 for a 5cc (500 unit) bottle. You're pharmacist only needs a scale, syringe filter, chemicals and bottles...what equipment? I get about 45 doses from a 50cc syringe bottle....thats about $1.10 per shot + a syringe.

Viripse

Postby Viripse » Sat May 24, 2014 9:01 am

We have been using the pump for some time but has started presenting problems, and were wondering about upgrading to intra penal injections.

As we live in the Bahamas Wes were hoping the compounding pharmacy which refer to in this post did start producing the various mixes.

If so how can we get details, I am a practicing Doctor, but am not registered. In the USA.

Thank you in anticipation.

Dr. Norman Cove.
Bahamasj

ohohiakane

Postby ohohiakane » Sat May 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Paul....
My initial compounding pharmacy was put out of business due to 'contamination' of his 'clean room'.
My present compounding pharmacy delayed my Rx by nearly a month because they too suffered some contamination from a leaking roof.

Does the proposed pharmacy have some sort of certification that he is working in a truly sterile environment? does he have certification of such?

I would not have any qualms about switching, provided I can be assured it is safe.

Bill
75 Year Old guy in Michigan, married in 1958, ED since late '90s, then surgery in 2008 (not prostate or other genital) damaged some nerves making the ED worse. Now on trimix

Personal email Ohohiakane@yahoo.com
am always willing to discuss stuff and help

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:41 pm

Frank, would you mind telling where you get the bi-mix w/o prescription? Is it hard to mix?
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Frank Furter

Postby Frank Furter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:49 pm

bi-mix.com

it's 5cc, not 50cc...typo!

not a licensed pharmacist...for experimental purposes only. (the legal stuff)

FF

mikechamblee

Postby mikechamblee » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:56 pm

I am very fortunate that a compounding pharmacy is 6 blocks away from my home. I pay $98.00 for 10 ML( 2 viles) and 20 syringes.

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:27 am

Avella Specialty Pharmacy www.avella.com is near my home. They are mostly in Arizona, but adding other locations. They may do shipping. I pay $10 copay for 4 ml. I believe that insurance pays $82.

Return to “Injections”