Blood or no blood?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
rglassva

Blood or no blood?

Postby rglassva » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:33 pm

So I'm still working on the right dosage - don't want to overdo it but would still like some better results - have used 2.5 a couple of times - most recently just 2.0. Is 3.0 out of the question? (I don't have that much to work with :( so 3.0 seems like a lot.) The other question I have for now is the drop of blood after the needle comes out - I see one about half the time - is it an indication of a more successful injection if you get the blood? Or don't get the blood? Thoughts or experience anyone?
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

mike1220

Re: Blood or no blood?

Postby mike1220 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:32 am

If you have blood showing after an injection, you've prolly hit a capillary... if there is a lot, you hit a vein... not a good thing.

Aim for an area on either side that has no visable large veins and do the injection there. Put good pressure on the injection site for three to four minutes after withdrawing the needle. Do NOT use a pump after injecting or you will get a very large hematoma (black & blue) at the injection site.

What I've found effective is to pump a little (or have your wife help) before you do the injection. The use of a cock ring for a few minutes after the injection also seems to enhance the erection.

Gingertom3

Postby Gingertom3 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 am

Mike1220, thanks for that idea about pumping up a little before injecting. That's brilliant!
I've found that just rubbing my penis or rolling it in my hands stimulates it enough to get a mild erection. Then I quickly slip a cock ring on to keep it inflated. then I can see the veins clearly. As i am scheduled for a visit to the urology nurse on the 27th to try out a Muse injection, I was worried about sticking the needle into a vein. But now I will be able to see clearly where they are.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:56 am

rglassva: What do you mean by Muse injection. I know that Muse is a pellet that you slip in the penis and that there is a Muse Gel but never heard of a Muse Injection unless your talking about caverject which is the same drug.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Gingertom3

Postby Gingertom3 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:09 pm

Cajun Jeff, you ask what a Muse injection is. Yes it is the same as caverject. Just aanother way of saying the same thing.
At one time I would have run away from an injection. But other guys say that it is almost painless. Some say you can't feel a thing or that it's like a hair being pulled. I'm not worried. My wife will do the injection for me. She's diabetic, so she knows the routine.

Jim

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm

Good luck Jim, I think you will be pleased with the injections. I use Caverject. I can say that it is painless and I do my own injections. it is very simple. You may want to view the tips on injecting. Let us know how it goes.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Return to “Injections”