syringes and the fridge

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
ftwabeck3533

Re: syringes and the fridge

Postby ftwabeck3533 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:40 am

Phil65 wrote:
ftwabeck3533 wrote:Then I place 32 syringes in the freezer and one in the fridge (ready when she is!).

Is Trimix frozen when put in the freezer and one can't draw into syringe? How long does it take to thaw from freezer and why not just leave syringes in there if it only takes a few seconds of rubbing in between palms?

The Trimix is not frozen BEFORE loading up the syringes. The pre-filled syringes WITH 0.15 ml dose are frozen until ready for use.
Born 1955, Erectile Dysfunction, Robotic Prostatectomy (Oct 2018, Dr Bugg @ UCA, Birmingham, AL), PSA<0.007, Trimix User (30 mg Papaverine HCL, 1 mg Phentolamine MES, 10 mcg Alprostadil per 1 ML. My dose is 0.16 ML)

Phil65

Postby Phil65 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:08 am

ftwabeck3533 wrote:
Phil65 wrote:
ftwabeck3533 wrote:The Trimix is not frozen BEFORE loading up the syringes. The pre-filled syringes WITH 0.15 ml dose are frozen until ready for use.

Is the Trimix SOLID when in freezer and how long to thaw? Can it be thawed in a minute by rubbing it in between palms?
TRIPLE P SUPERMIX (30-2-50)
Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phentalomine 2mg/ml - PGE1 50mcg/ml
(+ 0.15mg/ml Atropine)

ftwabeck3533

Postby ftwabeck3533 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:17 am

Phil65 wrote:
ftwabeck3533 wrote:
Phil65 wrote:

Is the Trimix SOLID when in freezer and how long to thaw? Can it be thawed in a minute by rubbing it in between palms?

Yes. Trimix is frozen in the syringe in the freezer. It can be warmed in your palm in a minute or two, and ready for injecting. I keep one in the fridge to eliminate this step.
Born 1955, Erectile Dysfunction, Robotic Prostatectomy (Oct 2018, Dr Bugg @ UCA, Birmingham, AL), PSA<0.007, Trimix User (30 mg Papaverine HCL, 1 mg Phentolamine MES, 10 mcg Alprostadil per 1 ML. My dose is 0.16 ML)

nitejazz

Postby nitejazz » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:33 pm

This is not medical advice and I am not responsible for your results.

I know this is a bit late but hopefully it can provide answers to some of the points brought up here. I'm a retired nurse anesthetist with more than 40 years experience injecting various drugs into many parts of the human form. Plastic syringes are coated on the inside with a very thin layer of a silicone to provide a lubricant for the plunger. The silicone wears off very readily when the plunger is moved so the friction increases with the number of times its moved. Drawing medication into the syringe will increase friction as will refrigerating the syringe after filling. Thats why its stiffer to move the plunger.

As to the safety warning that medication should not be drawn up and kept in the syringe for any length of time the FDA refuses to certify the safety as does the manufacturer for legal reasons. No one will officially admit that they have done studies as there are too many factors to control to test every medication over multiple time periods to make a legal statement that binds the FDA, medication supplier or syringe maker and avoids liability.

That being said experience has shown that medication drawn up cleanly and stored under conditions which protect the meds from deteriorating is reasonably safe. I store syringes of trimix in the freezer for considerable lengths of time and find that they are good for several weeks. currently I have am tracking the time period to see when I notice significant degradation in potency. I have some that have been stored for 3 months and they seem to work well. I plan to continue drawing up full vials and freezing all the trimix when I receive my next vial.

This was too long, but I hope it answered the question in a meaningful way for you. This is not medical advice, ymmv, I am not liable for your conditions.
74, married 44 years, ED for about 18 months tried pills not much effect with bad headaches, tried VED not happy, finally found trimix with the suggestion of cardiologist 8-) still experimenting with dose but happier.

Return to “Injections”