syringe supply

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
once a writer

syringe supply

Postby once a writer » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:03 pm

This may be an excess of caution . . .

but figuring that the syringe industry is going to be slammed once the Covid injection campaign is under way, I just ordered a year's supply of the syringes for my Quadmix and testosterone injections.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

Lost Sheep

Re: syringe supply

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:00 pm

once a writer wrote:This may be an excess of caution . . .

but figuring that the syringe industry is going to be slammed once the Covid injection campaign is under way, I just ordered a year's supply of the syringes for my Quadmix and testosterone injections.

Not to mention stoppers, seals, plungers, and all the other components needed for manufacture of supplies.

Your question is valid. We have already seen shortages in stuff ("stuff" an all emcompassing term applied to physical things as well as non-physical needs, such as access to medical consults) because C-19 needs have limited access to medical facilities, personnel time, etc. So, it is not just syringes.

Question: Will the syringes or needles used for penile and testosterone injections be the same as the those used for vaccine injection?

Also, please don't overbuy. Having a contingent supply to carry you through shortages is a good and prudent thing to do, but gross over-buying could be defined as hoarding, which hurts those less able to prepare in advance. Striking a balance is an individual decision...sometimes hard to achieve a moral balance, I admit. My supply of toilet paper and other consumables is witness to that. On the toilet paper question, though, I have sidestepped the issue by buying a bidet attachment. :D Imagination provides alternative solutions for some problems.

My own supply of prescribed drugs bears examination. I rarely have more than a 10 day supply (at its lowest) on hand and rarely more than 60 days at its highest. These are less likely to be affected by the vaccine production/distribution but other contingencies may occur. I should take your precautions as a model, as should everyone else-but prudently so as not to create a shortage where none would exist otherwise. (My opinion)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

once a writer

Postby once a writer » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:36 am

Question: Will the syringes or needles used for penile and testosterone injections be the same as the those used for vaccine injection?

I don't think the syringes for Covid are necessarily the same, and I certainly don't know what needle gauge/length and barrel size will be used for Covid vaccine. My recent purchases were based on an expectation that the syringe manufacturers will facing some incredible production and inventory-management pressures.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

happycamper59

Postby happycamper59 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Very valid discussion. Thanks for bringing it up!
I did buy a case a couple months ago without thinking about a possible shortage.
I agree that you shouldn't "hoard," but buy a year or so worth to get you through. While they may or may not be of similar size, the manufacturers (BD, etc.) are probably already pumping production into vaccine syringes.
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

AnthemMoved

Postby AnthemMoved » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:15 pm

Most immunizations use a larger needle, like a 25 gauge, since it needs to go through much more tissue than your dick. I suppose the manufacturers may change their production to meet immunization needs which would affect the larger gauge (smaller needle) insulin syringes. But I agreed that hoarding ends up affecting everyone’s needs.

limpbiscuit

Postby limpbiscuit » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:59 pm

Most trimix injections use insulin syringes like are used by diabetics. I use 1/2 inch 30 gauge 50 units (1/2 cc.) They are small, and single use. The needle is not detachable.
The other day I got a blood draw for lab tests. The needle was a 21 gauge 1.5 inch monster. (Ouch)
I'm sure the needles for vaccines are a different type than for trimix. If you're worried about it, buy an extra months supply of insulin needles.
BTW how do you like the bidet? I'm thinking of getting one. Is the water in yours heated?
I must have been out of the office on the day the warnings went out to horde toilet paper. I'm interested in how that originated.
prostate cancer diagnosed 2015, brachytherapy 2017 to good result, heart attack 2018, recovered, taking a butt-load of cardiac meds. married 50 years, father and grandfather,

Return to “Injections”