Semi-Erection 4+ hours after injection, okay?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Txagq8

Re: Semi-Erection 4+ hours after injection, okay?

Postby Txagq8 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:37 pm

Veteran of 30+ years of shots before getting implant.

Bottom line up front: if it’s a semi and not a true hard erection, you’re almost certainly getting enough exchange of oxygenated blood and there’s no harm. I wouldn’t call that a true priapism. Note: I am NOT a doctor. But I’ve been there and done that and it wasn’t an every time deal for me. No rhyme nor reason why it would last longer or shorter periods of time.

Things that would reduce it: cool shower, Sudafed, thinking impure thoughts involving Hillary Clinton. Exercise, especially running, would knock it right down for me but I must warn people that using a high school track while wearing skimpy Army Ranger gym trunks is probably not a good idea. I’m not advocating people take up smoking but supposedly both caffeine (coffee) and nicotine have mildly hypotensive effects.

Part of the duration issue is how much you inject but an often overlooked thing is how quickly your body metabolizes the drugs. Men differ in that regard. So common sense would suggest that things that increased your metabolic rate would lead to quicker deflation.

Only issue I can see is what might seem like a semi tomone guy might seem Like the mother of all boners to someone else. I used to look more at its color and temperature than just stiffness. If it was warm and not cool to the touch, and pink-red not purple, I was pretty comfortable with it not being priapism.

In my case a shot would keep me quite a bit larger than uninjected flaccod for up to 12 hours. Good time to hit gym or take wife to beach!
Robust, adolescent 65 year old. Venous leakage forever. Used shots, shots+pills 30+ years. Married to same wife ~35 yrs. Implanted 31Dec2019 in Austin Tx. AMS 700 LGX 18 cm with 5 cm RTE.

Happy Toy

Postby Happy Toy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:42 pm

rjdoan wrote:One of the reasons I decided to get implanted, aside form the developing curve, was that I had a lingering three-hour erection afterwards even using Sudafed and I was worried that I might have to go to the ER at some point. Getting implanted has relieved that worry as well as improving overall my quality of life--so far.

How about a new picture of yourself, you look so sad in the one you have,........ just saying.
Implanted 6/26/2018, Coloplast Titan 20cm, no RTE'S, infra pubic, Dr. Rhee, Kaiser :o 8-) 79yrs., married 56 yrs. ED for over 20 yrs.

rjdoan

Postby rjdoan » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:57 pm

How about a new picture of yourself, you look so sad in the one you have,........ just saying.

That is my passport photo, lol.
Bob Doan
65 yo, Prostate Cancer - radiation therapy 2018, ED 20 years used pills, MUSE, trimix. Weekly testosterone injections for TRT. AMS 700 CX implanted Feb 12, 2021, 18/1, by Dr Herati, Johns Hopkins

ShouldIwait

Postby ShouldIwait » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:27 pm

When I first started on BiMix the stuff in my docs office was weaker (OLD?) THAN FRESH STUFF-- .6 IN THE OFFICE TO GET GOOD ERECTION. Well, turns out I only needed .2 to get a 2 hour hard erection turning into partial erection for 4-6 hours. When I put .6 into myself first time I was rock hard for 4+ hours and ended up in the emergency room. Oral Sudafed and direct injection worked, but not before just about every Doc and nurse (orderly, janitor?) stopped by for a "consult" ? :?

For what its worth--They weren't going to use the large gauge needle to manually drain until 6.5 or 7 hr. Once I was at semi-hard state (not hard enough to easily penetrate but still poking away from body when standing) they weren't worried anymore.
57, ED 10-15 years. Pills, Bi, Tri then Quad Mix Injections- all slowly less effective. IPP July 2022 (Penscrotal, Titan, 22 + 1) @6mo back to OEM--7.2"L x 5.5"w

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:33 pm

When I was injection, I'd have a rock hard erection for about an hour and then a semi for several hours. I was told that as long as it was going down that you were safe
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

rms0929

Postby rms0929 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:22 am

I used injections about 8 times, as my doctor tried to find the right mix and/strength for me. 5 of those times I went to the ER, and had the erection for 5 or 6 hours. The last one, we were so tired that I fell asleep with it and by the time I got to the ER, I had a 16 hour erection. Thank God for good drugs. That is when I talked to my doctor about implants. Got the surgery in February, and my "activation " day is tomorrow. Rob
61 years old. Married for 37 years. ED for last 15 years. Tried all the pills, VED, Injections (several ER visits.) Implant surgery 9 Feb 2021with AMS LGX 18 cm with 3 RTE. Live in Pensacola FL area, will be willing to "show and tell".

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:23 pm

I thought true priapism made the glans and shaft near it cool due to zero blood flow. But I've never had it so I don't actually know. My nurse practitioner said that tissue starts to die from oxygen starvation at 6 hours, which is why we're advised to head for the ER at 4 hours. I'm not a medical person, so don't take this for the truth; ask your urologist. Harvey6389 is right, we need a more definitive answer since a result could be gangrene and amputation. :!: Maybe someone will ask his doc and report back.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

Return to “Injections”