Extract from post in Implant Section

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
RugbyDave

Extract from post in Implant Section

Postby RugbyDave » Mon May 28, 2012 1:35 am

Extract from another post - any ideas?

Now the bad – I just happened to mention the ache I was getting with the Caverject Injections. “I used to use something called Papaverine Hydrochloride years ago, good results and no pain” he said. “You could use that until the surgery”. “Great lets try it” I said.

To cut a long story short he couldn’t find a fine needle to use but said the thicker gauge he had would be OK. Great I thought after all he is a leader in his field and knows what he is doing, wrong!!!!

Although I got a good hard erection, lasted 2 hours or so and no aching, I have ended up with the entire left side badly bruised and a largish lump deep inside on the injection site, though I am not sure if it was the drug or his technique that caused it.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

Cajun Jeff

Re: Extract from post in Implant Section

Postby Cajun Jeff » Mon May 28, 2012 7:08 am

The burise should go away with a bit of time. Some of the guys have had them from time to time.. I must say I have not had that issue at all.
Don't give up.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Shooter500

Postby Shooter500 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:02 pm

A hematoma like that is something that I have experienced, although it sounds like yours is worse. It will heal in a few weeks and be totally gone. I had a few when i was using the needles that Dr originally gave me. !/2 inch (too long) and a larger than 31 guage needle (don;t remember the size). That combined with poor technique and improper care in avoiding veins is a sure bet for a bad result. When done correctly injections are safe and reliable. 5/16 inch 31 guage needle, learn your anatomy and avoid veins

Hang in there :)

shipper222001

Postby shipper222001 » Tue May 29, 2012 7:55 am

Im a grower. very small when flaccid so I try to stimulate myself before injecting. That way i can see the veins better and avoid bursing. Also i notice that I get hard faster because the medication seems to enter the cavity better.

Shooter500

Postby Shooter500 » Tue May 29, 2012 9:23 am

I totally agree with Shipper. Some stimulation and or addition of oral meds makes it much easier to avoid veins and the reaction is faster.

Return to “Injections”