blood thinner advice, pls

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
once a writer

blood thinner advice, pls

Postby once a writer » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:10 pm

i am just back from a morning trip to the ER, where I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation (fast heartbeat). The possible complication is blood clots and the customary preventive is blood thinners. Looks like that's my future.

Anybody out there have experience living with blood thinners while using trimix or quad mix?

Information would be appreciated.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

JiminFL

Re: blood thinner advice, pls

Postby JiminFL » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:10 pm

I have some familiarity with trimix & blood thinners. I've used both Eliquis and Plavex. There were no issues with Eliquis, which seems to be the drug of choice when afib is the issue. The same cannot be said for Plavix / asprin in my dual antiplatlet therapy. Bruising was more common than not following injections. Sometimes it was somewhat scary looking & would take several days to resolve.
57yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 4yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

JiminFL

Re: blood thinner advice, pls

Postby JiminFL » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:12 pm

I have some familiarity with trimix & blood thinners. I've used both Eliquis and Plavex. There were no issues with Eliquis, which seems to be the drug of choice when afib is the issue. The same cannot be said for Plavix / asprin in my dual antiplatlet therapy. Bruising was more common than not following injections. Sometimes it was somewhat scary looking & would take several days to resolve. Then again by the time I reached my last trimix injection I was up to 55mg. The high dosage definitely magnified the side effects.
57yr old. In shape. Controlled hypertension. 20+ years of PDE5. TRT 4yrs. Trimix 2yrs. Titan 24cc implanted 8/25/20

Return to “Injections”