Refreezing Trimix - Opinions ?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
StanWest

Refreezing Trimix - Opinions ?

Postby StanWest » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:04 pm

Hello the Forum, With a new vial 5 mg of trimix ordered, I am considering preparing several syringes for injection and placing into the refrigerator and refreezing the vial. This to keep the trimix from degrading more quickly. Perhaps no more than 2 weeks worth of prefilled syringes kept cold. Which means the vial will be unfroze and refroze several times. Any opinions on this, I have heard of this method. What are the pros and cons?

Second consideration is keeping trimix vial in a thermoelectric insulin cooler kept at just above freezing for the trimix vial, which would be much cooler than my refrig is set to. This might require mods to the thermostat circuit, but its a can do.

Any thought or opinions?
Thanks, Stan
Stan, 69 years old, no erection for 2 years, mild atrophy now restored my pump, using injection/ring, venous leakage, still adjusting mix.

once a writer

Re: Refreezing Trimix - Opinions ?

Postby once a writer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:19 pm

I did exactly what you're describing for the six years I was on trimix (now using quadmix).

The multiple cycles of thaw-and-refreeze seemed to have no effect on the strength or performance of the trimix over periods as long as three or four months.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

slipnslider

Postby slipnslider » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:32 pm

My very experienced urologist said to keep it in the fridge, not the freezer, but he didn't specify why, he just said - trust me I know what I'm talking about.
44, ED problems began around age 28 when I was on finasteride for hair loss, and also got circumcised so I lost a lot of sensation. Pills gave me bad headaches and other side effects. Now using trimix 30/1/20. So far so good.

StanWest

Postby StanWest » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:16 pm

I had to tell my urologist about bimix and why it exists, also different formulations of trimix and the pain it can cause. He didn't have a clue. He thought he knew what he was talking about also. I like it when they can explain the reasons.
Stan, 69 years old, no erection for 2 years, mild atrophy now restored my pump, using injection/ring, venous leakage, still adjusting mix.

ftwabeck3533

Postby ftwabeck3533 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:04 am

With a new 5ml vial of trimix, I immediately fill 35 syringes with my 0.15ml dose. Throw the vial away, place 34 pre-filled syringes in the freezer, and one in the fridge. Each time I'm allowed to inject and have sex with my wife, I use the one in the fridge and pull one out of the freezer and put it in the fridge. Repeat til I need a new 5ml from the compounder.
Born 1955, Erectile Dysfunction, Robotic Prostatectomy (Oct 2018, Dr Bugg @ UCA, Birmingham, AL), PSA<0.007, Trimix User (30 mg Papaverine HCL, 1 mg Phentolamine MES, 10 mcg Alprostadil per 1 ML. My dose is 0.16 ML)

Return to “Injections”