Injection Vs Implant?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Cigar56

Re: Injection Vs Implant?

Postby Cigar56 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:41 am

I did all the pills and now I am on injections -- which really haven't worked well for me. I hate the shots. I'm among those who simply don't like sticking a needle into the penis. For other guys it's a snap. A quick poke that takes less than a minute from start to finish and then they are perfectly hard for 1-2 hours.

It just hasn't worked out that way for me. I'm currently on Trimix and I may try Quadmix while I interview penile implant surgeons. It is not a matter of "if" for me but "when" regarding an implant. I am simply eager for the ease of use with an implant versus all other methods. Right now, for me, the timing all depends on if the surgeon can get the authorization through Cigna. If not i'll have to wait another year until I'll be eligible for Medicare.

Overall I recommend guys take it step by step and move up only when their current solution is no longer working. That means trying all the pills and then moving up to injections. When injections stop working or are no longer desireable, then consider an implant.

Good luck!
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Thefarmer

Postby Thefarmer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:45 pm

First time I used trimix it was like I was 17 again.. Ive been on it for a year or two and have a misfire occasionally but as opposed to having an operation that would put me out of commission for a while, I think I will coast on in to the finish line with the trimix. Needles don't bother me in the least.
Age 71, diagnosed with prostate cancer 5 years ago. Had surgery and radiation to kill cancer cells. Have had problems with ED ever since. Pills worked ok for a while, Pumped but did not like the" choke hold" of the bands.. Trimix is great!

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:13 pm

Like everyone else said it depends on your personal circumstances, the effectiveness of the injections and your expectations.

Are you in a relationship. How much will you realistically have sex in a week. How well do they work for you.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

antelope

Postby antelope » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:16 pm

Always try the less invasive option until it doesn't work any more. IJS
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:30 pm

Nothing beats a blood filled dick. Even if it is from a shot. IF''' You had an RP and had all your nerves removed, There will be no blood filling of your dick. The implant will jack it up but It will not be full. It will be oval. Your glans will be cold and white. I call it a popsicle on a stick.
Injections give you your natural full erection, BUT, 30% of guys are allergic to the PGE-1. You will know it at your first injection. That was me. I kept modifying the dose till I got PGE-1 down to where pain was tolerable. THEN, Within 40 injections I started to get scar tissue and a 20 degree bend left at midship. On top of that my tunica was very thick and hard. I had to stab the needle in till it hit the tunica, add pressure then stab again to get it inside. Automatic injectors caused the needle tips to bend. Guess I could have tried a thicker needle.
The surgeon I selected said to stop injections immediately because of the plaque build up. He straightened it back out with the implant.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Masonjames

Postby Masonjames » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:24 pm

oldbeek wrote:Nothing beats a blood filled dick. Even if it is from a shot. IF''' You had an RP and had all your nerves removed, There will be no blood filling of your dick. The implant will jack it up but It will not be full. It will be oval. Your glans will be cold and white. I call it a popsicle on a stick.
Injections give you your natural full erection, BUT, 30% of guys are allergic to the PGE-1. You will know it at your first injection. That was me. I kept modifying the dose till I got PGE-1 down to where pain was tolerable. THEN, Within 40 injections I started to get scar tissue and a 20 degree bend left at midship. On top of that my tunica was very thick and hard. I had to stab the needle in till it hit the tunica, add pressure then stab again to get it inside. Automatic injectors caused the needle tips to bend. Guess I could have tried a thicker needle.
The surgeon I selected said to stop injections immediately because of the plaque build up. He straightened it back out with the implant.

Oldbeek. You're the first guy that I've heard describe a problem that I have with Trimix. I also have bent many needles due to a thick tinica. Never heard that term but I hit something wand have to twist the needle to get it into the right place to inject. I've only had a couple of time when the needle went in easily . I've had to straighten the needle and stick my dick . I don't mind the one time shot but it gets old when it hurts after several sticks. Once I get the trimix in it works well but aches after a while. Also my dick will lose firmness after penetration but regain it after I take it out, then it stays hard to long and aches.
70 year old, Married 53 years with two adult children.
Tried pills, herbs, and Trimix. Implanted by Dr. Hakky , in Atlanta, on the 1st, of September. Titan XL 24cm's with two 1.5cm"s RTE"s

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:36 pm

I used a 50x power dissecting Microscope to see the very tip was bending. That was a 29 ga needle. You may try a 30 ga. That is what is minimum for use with an auto inject.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:31 pm

I've bent more than a few needles. got an "hourglass" dick due to scar tissue on right side. I enjoyed trimix after pills failed. Comes to a point you'll want to move on. Took me 6 years. A lot depends on the cause of your ED. If Venous leakage, move on to an implant. If your over 65, how many more years left to Hump? Quality over quantity.

Tough call no matter what. Best of Luck to you.

LUp
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

GoodWood

Postby GoodWood » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Different people will have the same facts in front of them and come to different (equally valid) conclusions.

I’m on a fairly high dose of Trimix now to be hard enough for penetrating sex, but I can still get hard enough naturally to enjoy jacking off and blowjobs. I really like those natural erections so that’s enough for me to stick with Trimix for now. If/when I get an implant there will be no more natural erections.

But I look forward to being able to get as hard as I want, for as long as I want, whenever I want. So I’m open to getting an implant someday.

One common thing I hear guys say after they get their implant is that they don’t know why they waited so long to get it and wish they had done it sooner. I’m trying to be aware of that.
55yo, NYC. ED started at 40. 50 units BiMix + Atropine (Pap 30/Phen 6/Atr 0.2). Prostaglandins caused aching. Doses increasing. A cock ring helps. Phallosan Forte tension devise to maintain size. Eager to talk about implant experiences.

harvey6389@att.net

Postby harvey6389@att.net » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:27 pm

Great posts guys, finally a little honesty.

Return to “Injections”