Bimix queries

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
lexmc1945

Bimix queries

Postby lexmc1945 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi All,

I've used injectibles for around 15 years or so, starting with Alprostadil, then Caverject in a couple of forms and now I'm, starting on bimix.

My Dr injected 15 units of bimix with good results but I ended up with an erection that wouldn't go down after two doses of 120mg of Sudafed and ended up back in his surgery about 4 hours later for two shots which eventually solved the problem in about 20 minutes or so. Because I'm an experienced user he was happy to let me continue at home and suggested I reduce the dose to 5 units for the next dose.
I was wondering what other peoples experience has been, if 5 is insufficient would it be sensible to increase to 6 units bearing in mind that this is a 20% increase? Given my initial experience I'm more than a little wary of overdoing it!

Previously I've used Caverject Impulse 20ug with good results with around 10-12 units. Unfortunately I would go to sleep with a say 80% erection and wake up an hour or so later with a raging hardon that was painful, burnt and took 30 - 60 minutes to go away, I tried Sudafed and brisk walking etc but to no avail.

Just a tip for those using the Impulse single dose syringe, I found that the mixed solution was good for many weeks and stopped using the applicator instead using the supplied needle to reduce the pressure in the internal phial, removing the needle and then using a 1ml diabetic syringe to remove and inject a dose, instead of discarding the mixed solution I simply kept it in the refrigerator and used as required. That dramatically reduced the cost for a dose of about 12 units! I've done this over a couple of years with no ill effects.
Healthy 70yo used injectibles for 20 odd years, Alprostadil, Caverject and now a variation of bimix.

dtwarren1942

Re: Bimix queries

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:22 pm

lexmc1945 wrote:Hi All,

I was wondering what other peoples experience has been, if 5 is insufficient would it be sensible to increase to 6 units bearing in mind that this is a 20% increase? Given my initial experience I'm more than a little wary of overdoing it!

I would gauge the adjustment of the dosage based on the results of the 5 unit injection. If it is relatively hard and relatively long lasting, I would increase by 1/2 unit. If it is weak, I would consider a 1 unit or more adjustment.

As you are a long term injector, I would be interested in hearing your experience regarding scaring and any increased tolorence, if any, to the injections.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

katsboytoy

Postby katsboytoy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi Lex,
Welcome to the Forum. I probably should have started when you did, but now is as good a time as any. Sounds like you didn't need the bi-mix or the Rx mix was too great. Not too many here on bi-mix, and a few of us on PGE-1. Don't use cavaject for the very reasons you stated...Tom..
71 yrs young. Widower. Seed implants in 97 (Last Woodie) for Prostate Cancer.
4/20/12 Started PGE-1,20 units. Now using 25.
8/10/12 Started Tri-Mix#9, 30 Units.
Kathie wants it 24/7....

lexmc1945

Postby lexmc1945 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. After a little more research I found that the formula I'm on isn't bimix or trimix, possibly because neither appear to be in routine use in Australia, Caverject is often the drug of choice or Alprostadil which is pretty much the same thing. The mix I'm on is papverine 30, regitine 10 and atropine 0.6.

I tried the 5 units suggested by my doctor and the results were excellent, (especially after using caverject) I had a substantial although not rock hard erection that responded to manual stimulation quite well and lasted for about 45 minutes, there was no pain, it was wonderful. I'll try the 5 unit dose again to be sure of my reaction and if it's the same I'll tweak it a little to extend the time a bit and maybe slightly increase hardness.
Healthy 70yo used injectibles for 20 odd years, Alprostadil, Caverject and now a variation of bimix.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:19 pm

Lex,

Regitine is the trade name for Phentolamine ... so you essential have BIMIX. Please don't call it Trimix neither -- that is reserved for PGE-1 + PAP + Phent. Sometimes they make a QuadMix in the USA that is Trimix + atropine in it (for some added pain killing). But sometimes Quadmix has a fourth ingredient that is not a painkiller but is an added erection drug.

Glad you have some good results.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Return to “Injections”