Injection pain

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
19CSG48

Injection pain

Postby 19CSG48 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:06 pm

2/26/2020 - First injection with TriMix was a failure. This was done in the Uro office my wife a CMA for over 40 years was curious as to how the instruction was to be carried out. She was not that impressed… albeit these guys get desensitized to the actions.

I injected 10 units and within five minutes got a substantial and building ache / burn, a tiny bit of girth increase, glans also, no erection, the ache crested in about 20 minutes and subsided about two hours later.

Upon looking at the injection site later that day it was on the very top of the penis?? I am certain I rotated the glans and she and I didn’t notice it. I will wait a few days and try again closer to the base on the opposite side with the original 10 units of mix.

3/1/2020 - The second injection [10 units] with TriMix was a failure. I entered on the left about mid way shaft length, pushed in and felt plunger resistance, pushed a tiny bit more [1/2” 30 gage] and was an easy inject. Target was half way from glans to pubic, 3 o’clock.

I have so many small veins and am so atrophied I nicked one but was just a small hematoma that resolved in a minute. I massaged, rolled, squeezed the site… within a few minutes I again felt the ache / burn but about half of what the first injection was, slightly less however.

I used 10 units [mix is 5 days old reputable Rx business and is frozen until a day before use] as a base line to start from assuming the first was a missed cavernosa. I will wait 48 hours and try again with 15 units.

The ache experienced kind of tells me that this venture is going to be a no go, if each injection yields that ache / burn [which is it?] even if I get a substantial erection as many have mentioned here, the pain is going to be a deterrent.

I’ll be getting a smaller shorter needle, my penis from lack of nocturnal flex has atrophied to a point of a shorter needle should be better.

How can I get rid of the vice like ache?
2020 @ age 71, Non-sparing prostate cancer, removed Nov 2019 after bladder cancer removed October 2019. Radiation follow up April 2020. Pump is a no go, TriMix is being tried, ....not there yet!

INDIANA BONES

Re: Injection pain

Postby INDIANA BONES » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:30 pm

The pain may be coming from the 1 ingredient in the Trimix. It is a bigger problem for men who have had prostatectomies. I cannot use trimix myself because of the Alprostadil in the mixture. leaving that out and using bimix I would have to use 90 units to get a result. my present Trimix prescription of 3mg of Alprostadil allows me to use 45 unit injections with acceptable result and minimal pain. Everyone is different.

Phil65

Re: Injection pain

Postby Phil65 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:14 pm

INDIANA BONES wrote:...my present Trimix prescription of 3mg of Alprostadil

It's typically scripted out in mcg. Mine is Trimix 2 (30-2-20)
Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phentolamine 2mg/ml - Prostaglandin 20mcg/ml
TRIPLE P SUPERMIX (30-2-50)
Papaverine 30mg/ml - Phentalomine 2mg/ml - PGE1 50mcg/ml
(+ 0.15mg/ml Atropine)

Return to “Injections”