Factors which make injections fail

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
mr.skin

Factors which make injections fail

Postby mr.skin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:44 am

Hello to all,

yesterday evening for the first time since injecting (5th injection) it did not work.

I am not quite certain why.

I did get an erection which subsided very fast (after 5 mins) where as usually it stays for 2 hours.

I did not (at least obviously) inject into a vein, there was no blood at the syringe/in the syringe but I had some more pain than usual.

I usually inject either left or right at 9 a clock on the shaft (and vary on the distance from the pubic bone, this time it was about 1 to 1.5 inches from the pubic bone. (pretty low injection point, usually I inject more in the third quarter of the shaft, this time it was in the second one.

Any insights ?
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

ETGuy71

Re: Factors which make injections fail

Postby ETGuy71 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:12 am

I’ve experienced the same thing before and it was when I was trying to get further back towards the pubic bone too. I think I hit the lining of the corpra and missed injecting the Trimix in actual cavernosum! That’s why my erection and your erection was minimal because the drug wasn’t really circulating to bring on erection. I just missed the angle of penetration by a little but it felt like I was punching through the wall with needle as it always did, just missed on that occasion. That’s my analysis for what it’s worth!
Diagnosed venous leak. Going with injections rather than implant for the time being.

Doc Tom

Postby Doc Tom » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:00 pm

Ive had similar experience when the medicine was getting old. Always keep the medicine in the dark and frozen.

Martin6469

Postby Martin6469 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:06 pm

You're in the corpus cavernosum when there's no resistance to plunger travel. If there's resistance to needle insertion or significant pain or resistance to plunger travel I pull out and try a different spot. This always works. I always pull the penis to its full flaccid length first figuring that will minimize scar tissue formation along the needle path. When I was using half-inch needles I occasionally hit the urethra; no damage but blood and injection fail. Now I use 31 gauge 5/16 inch needles.
Age 78 in 2023. On testosterone replacement due to hypothalamus malfunction. (Attention depressed guys: low testosterone is a cause.) Healthy health nut but ED due to getting old. Like to keep enough cardiovascular ability to thrust for 30 min.

mr.skin

Postby mr.skin » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:34 am

Martin6469 wrote:You're in the corpus cavernosum when there's no resistance to plunger travel. If there's resistance to needle insertion or significant pain or resistance to plunger travel I pull out and try a different spot. This always works. I always pull the penis to its full flaccid length first figuring that will minimize scar tissue formation along the needle path. When I was using half-inch needles I occasionally hit the urethra; no damage but blood and injection fail. Now I use 31 gauge 5/16 inch needles.

Sorry, english is not my first language and I cannot find a proper translation. Plunger travel resistance - do you mean when pushing the ‚plunger‘ in there is some kind of resistance ?
In the CC there shouldn t be ?

I usually pull my penis to the side and inject then.
ED since 2012
nothing works properly

84horn

Postby 84horn » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:56 am

I've been injecting 2-3 times per week for five months, post prostate surgery. I manually stimulate with soap and warm water to make the veins more pronounced, choose a clear spot near the base, push in until I hit the resistance of the wall, then push through the wall and inject. Easy-peasy. I use a 30 gauge needle. I've only had one failure, and it was back when I first started, before I had begun manually stimulating prior to injection, and it was because I hit a vein. It went up fast and came down fast. Unless you didn't pierce the wall or you hit a vein, I can't think of another reason for failure.

Return to “Injections”