Are there any long term side effects from trimix?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
Desertrat1

Are there any long term side effects from trimix?

Postby Desertrat1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am

No, I'm not talking about priapism. Have there been any studies on the long term side effects from injection therapy for say 5, 10, or even 20 years?

Thanks Guys

asmith

Re: Are there any long term side effects from trimix?

Postby asmith » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Yes, there are long-term side effects from penile injections.

The primary concern is scarring at the injection site(s). Scarring may result in pain upon palpation and curvature of the penile shaft.

The other concern is that Trimix (or Bimix or any other formulation) injections do not work well in the long-term, as patients require higher and more potent dosages to achieve and maintain erections. And at some point, usually after a couple years of using Trimix on regular basis, the medication at any dosage becomes less efficacious and results only in semi- or partial erections that are not useful for penetration.

This is why most patients with irretrievable and acute ED turn to their only last hope: IPP surgery.

Believe me. I've been there.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:37 pm

asmith wrote:
This is why most patients with irretrievable and acute ED turn to their only last hope: IPP surgery.

Believe me. I've been there.

How long were you injecting before you noticed significant ineffectiveness from the injections? I have only been injecting for 8 months and everything seems copacetic so far. Also, if you limit injections to once a week or less often, will this prolong the effectiveness of the injections. I will ask my Uro, but I will not see him for a number of months.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

antelope

Postby antelope » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:51 am

I've been using trimix for 18 months and I'm still happy happy happy. Your results may vary.

G
BR
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

PBDaddy

Postby PBDaddy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:16 am

I've been injecting weekly since 1996 or 97 with NO ill-effects and NO increase in dosage (still .20-.25). I can't say enough good things about Bi-mix.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:06 pm

PBDaddy wrote:I've been injecting weekly since 1996 or 97 with NO ill-effects and NO increase in dosage (still .20-.25). I can't say enough good things about Bi-mix.

Thanks for responding. Your comment was very reassuring.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping

985smith

Postby 985smith » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:35 pm

I have been using Trimix since Aug 2008, about once a week, last count on my log is
190 injections, works well, as far as dosge, i have decreased it over the years, with
good results.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Desert,
I've been using Trimix since March 2011 -- about 3 times a week (whether I need to or not!).

I have settled in at about 10-12u not changing ever .. but am thinking I could go less (and get more shots per vial).

On the possible scarring issue, One thing that I have been doing for a while has been to use the exact same spot (on left or right side) each time for every shot. None of this spreading it all around. My idea is, keep any scarring in one tiny spot. In fact, in the limit, eventually they'd be a tiny hole in that one spot and I wouldn't even be doing any more piercing of skin just slipping the needle in -- how's that for mentally deficient thinking??! Kinda like you see with those sideshow freaks who pass needles thru their cheeks (there's really a hole in the cheek). And actually (get ready to squirm) I seem to recall seeing photos of guys passing needles all the way thru their members. EE-yowch -- that's a real sideshow freeak.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:03 pm

JimStars wrote:Desert,

On the possible scarring issue, One thing that I have been doing for a while has been to use the exact same spot (on left or right side) each time for every shot. None of this spreading it all around. My idea is, keep any scarring in one tiny spot. In fact, in the limit, eventually they'd be a tiny hole in that one spot and I wouldn't even be doing any more piercing of skin just slipping the needle in -- how's that for mentally deficient thinking??!

J

Keep it up and you will eventually develop a leak in your CC. I wonder if there is a plug available for this problem.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping

6gun 44 mag

Postby 6gun 44 mag » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:11 pm

PBDaddy wrote:I've been injecting weekly since 1996 or 97 with NO ill-effects and NO increase in dosage (still .20-.25). I can't say enough good things about Bi-mix.

I havn't got my script filled yet for trimix, been using alprostadil before getting the ok from uro on trimix. Plan on getting over there 40 miles and getting some next week. Ditto for me too, on your reassurances it has worked for quite a few years and no problems. 8-) I hope I can answer the same in 8 years!!

Return to “Injections”