OUCH! new pharmacy and Chicago doc needed

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
gemini1960

OUCH! new pharmacy and Chicago doc needed

Postby gemini1960 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:37 am

Hey guys, need an opinion. I'd been using the same compound pharmacy for years for my trimix but I found a much better price at another pharmacy. This pharmacy came highly recommended. I did the research and talked with the pharmacist many times. He has alot of Trimix users. Ok, so I have my script sent over...the same script I've always used. The Trimix arrives and when I go to use it the first time I immediately notice upon starting to inject...something is different! THen OUUCCH!! The stuff hurts going in, then when I remove the needle--forget it! The pain was unbearable and it didn't subside for a good while. The erection happened but was totally painful so I couldn't have sex. I called the pharmacist and we reviewed he script. Everything was kosher. So just as a test, I had my original pharmacy send anoher script, i works fine..no pain a all, but it's about 1/3 more in price than the new pharmacy.
Any thoughts on this guy? The new pharmacy suggested that My doc write the script including some litocaine. I don't want this.

I would also appreciate a referral to a urologist in Chicago that is ok prescribing Trimix. And for you Chicago guys..are you getting your Trimix locally? I've not been able to find a local compounding pharma.
Many thanks all.

antelope

Re: OUCH! new pharmacy and Chicago doc needed

Postby antelope » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:33 pm

There's at least one compounding pharmacy in Baton Rouge. Surely there are multiple choices in Chicagoland. The one I use was recommended by my urologist. Good luck and hard times.

Greg
Baton Rouge
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:22 am

You might try a mail-order pharmacy. I use a local shop: The Apothecary Shops. I believe that they have a mail-order division. I'm fortunate that I can pick up on my way home from work -- therefore no shipping charge.

gemini1960

Postby gemini1960 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:15 am

Thanks guys, these were in fact mail order pharmacies. One in NV and one in LA. Believe it or not, I've done the research. There doesn't seem to be a single "STERILE" compounding pharmacy in Chicago proper. If someone out there knows differently please correct me. I'm also looking for a referral to a doc who prescribes Trimix.
Thanks all.

katsboytoy

Postby katsboytoy » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 am

Go to www.ecompoundingpharmacy.com, I just visited the site and there must storefronts be 50 in Illinoise...Tom..
71 yrs young. Widower. Seed implants in 97 (Last Woodie) for Prostate Cancer.
4/20/12 Started PGE-1,20 units. Now using 25.
8/10/12 Started Tri-Mix#9, 30 Units.
Kathie wants it 24/7....

Return to “Injections”