Trimix components and pain with Alprostadil

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
INDIANA BONES

Trimix components and pain with Alprostadil

Postby INDIANA BONES » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:12 pm

The compounding pharmacist told me that he had spoken with a doctor who was prescribing Chlorpromazine in place of Alprostadil to eliminate the pain of a Trimix injection. I am one of the prostatectomy patients who is sensitive to the Alprostadil. I need to use twice as many units of Bimix to achieve a satisfactory result. Anyone have any experience with this component?

Jaybo1

Re: Trimix components and pain with Alprostadil

Postby Jaybo1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:40 pm

This interested me, since I too have the pain problem, and bimix gives me weaker erections. It's Thorazine, an antipsychotic, and the side effects are impotence and unable to orgasm. Wondering WTF is going on with th idea that this would work.

See here: https://www.rxlist.com/thorazine-side-e ... center.htm
Married, 57 years old, 10 years of ED, 240lbs Doing Keto Tried PGE-1 - poor results + mucho pain. Trimix at 12-1-10 (PAP/PHE/PGE) but had pain at 40 units I've recently tried bimix mediocre results, but no pain.

Bluewhippet

Re: Trimix components and pain with Alprostadil

Postby Bluewhippet » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:45 am

You might find this study of interest https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16422961/. In South Africa Chlorpromazine is used as a substitute for Phentolamine ( which is not available ) rather than as an alternative to Alprostadil.
80 year old Type2 diabetic, long term ED, pills then injections PGE1. After 4 years they became less effective. Implanted 20/3/2018 by NHS. AMS 700 CX 15+4 cm with MS pump. Never had any significant pain. Still working perfectly and used regularly.

Return to “Injections”