Edex injections

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
oldcamaros

Edex injections

Postby oldcamaros » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:38 am

Hopefully I can get some "expert advice " on injections. I just started with the Edex injections of 10 mcg. The first one in the Uro office was about 50 % erect. The next visit I self administered with same results. The third was at home with maybe 60 % erect with foreplay. Some of the advice I am seeking is: do the erections get better even if the dose does not change and where is the best spot for injection closer to the glans or midway on the shaft. I have 5 shots left that I can administer at home. I even thought about increasing the dose by injecting the 10 mcg on one side and maybe 3 mcg on the other. The dose is premixed 10 mcg. I also want to thank all who have responded to my other question about the vaccum device. Oh yeah I am 6 months post op.

JimStars

Re: Edex injections

Postby JimStars » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:39 am

Oldc,

It seems a little strange that your Doc gave you all the same dosage in all the syringes. Usually they mix em up with higher dose ones, for cases like yourself where the lower doses don't quite cut it. Maybe you can trade in the ones you have for higher doses? Some guys have used partial injects when the full dose was too much and then saved the rest for later (although I guess with Edex that would be using same syringe twice). I suppose if you can get a syringe that you can take the plunger out of (I have some small 30u syringes like that) you could load them with the 10u + another 5 u). Don't know how safe it would be to inject twice like u said -- maybe .. maybe not. But see what your Doc says ... and maybe mention the crazy expensive price for Edex and see if you can get a break on the unused ones.

J

(also I always inject an inch or so from the BASE).
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

antelope

Postby antelope » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Here are a couple of thoughts based on my 18 months of pricksticking:

1.) Don't deviate from the doc's instructions without talking to him or to someone from his practice.

2.) I have found that trimix has somewhat of a therapeutic effect: the more you do, the less it takes. I started out at 30 units in the doctor's office; immediately dropped to 15, then 10 and am now down to 2 units. That dosage gives me all the joy I can handle. Perhaps the converse is true: maybe several injections of the same dosage of your drug will give you progressively better erections.

3.) Call the doctor; tell him what's happening and that you're not happy with the results.

Best wishes. Don't give up.

Greg
Baton Rouge
Greg
Baton Rouge
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:57 pm

What is the strength of that Edex. I think it comes in 20 or 40 strength. I know with the 40 I use 10 units and with the 20 you use 2x as much.

I always shoot it into a vial that I can draw the amout that I need.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

wilsel

Postby wilsel » Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 pm

I have been using 20 mcg and was thinking about increasing amount as 20 doesn't seem quite enough. What is the highest dosage anyone has used? It seems from what I've read that some people may have to take up to 40 mcg. I was thinking maybe 30 mcg would be a good amount to try, but just wanted to know if others have used that amount. My primary said to stay at the 20 for a while but I really don't want to.
Last edited by wilsel on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

shipper222001

Postby shipper222001 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:11 pm

I found the best place to inject is about an inch from the base. Never inject near the glans
to many nerves

Return to “Injections”