Quad Mix cost questions

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
mtnman

Quad Mix cost questions

Postby mtnman » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello ! :)
This is my first post other than intro!I was just wondering if anyone has any data on QUADMIX.I tried it last week,seemed to work well,uro PA told me it should cost less overall since you use less.He sent a perscription in friday but I haven't heard from them yet! I would just like to compare prices,The PA pretty much directed me to this one pharmacy which isn't close to me,they provided the samples so uros try to give them the business ,I feel obligated to buy from them the first time but after that I want the best deal for me since ED seems to have a stronghold on me :( .Both trimix and quad work when the injection is done right.It is really hard to do your first time but when your succesfull,it is all worth it to be back in the saddle.It helps me to use the VED first then I have a much bigger target to inject also sitting down is easier than standing for me ,the PA told me he has told others about these and they helped them also.The PA I have has been really helpfull,I did three injections in the office before he gave me loaded suringes to take home. :twisted: The surgeon I had was verybad on bedside,he was obnoctious,late for surgery and really offered nothing post surgery.I really struggled with him.Thanks to his Pa though.If anyone has any comparisons on these ED meds it would help.Thanks!
mtnman!

Peckerwood

Re: Quad Mix cost questions

Postby Peckerwood » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Well, I suggest that you check out American Pharmacy Solutions. I recently ordered a prescription for two 5ml vials of Trimix; total cost including the shipping with a cold pack, next day shipping by FedEx was around $97. That compared very favorably with my uro's suggestion of 7 pre-loaded Trimix syringes for $99. I have already gotten about 18 injections from one vial.

Littlejohn

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Be sure to check for compounding pharmacies that are on your insurance plan. See what you can find by checking your insurance company website. You may also get info by calling a member service number for your insurance. I go to a local compounding pharmacy that is on my insurance plan. Apparently, by the agreement between the pharmacy and insurance, they only charge me for the materials --- $8.45 for 4 mL trimix.

Here's some info if you call your insurance company and feel like you are talking with someone in another country. Ask where they are located. If they say something other than the United States, ask to speak to someone in the US. Presumably, they must comply.... I've done it and it works.
Last edited by Spartan on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:50 pm

LittleJohn,

Hey that is a great price for 2 vials plus shipping. Did they recommend you get two vials since shipping would be the same? Will you just freeze that second vial until needed? All in all a great price. I've been suggesting them as the Low Price Leader -- that settles it for my next prescription.

Jim
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Peckerwood

Postby Peckerwood » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:23 pm

Actually, my urologist's prescription was for two vials each time; I'm not really sure why he chose that, but I don't plan to freeze one. I think the second vial will keep until I need it. I have now gotten 19 injections from one vial and will get at least one more. From my understanding, the Trimix should last at least six months refrigerated; however, I plan to use mine before six months have passed. I was both surprised and pleased that the prescription was for two vials per time with a total of six refills. I haven't tried to use my insurance yet, but I plan to do so. Littlejohn

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks for the reply ,I just got my script and it was 105$for 1-5ml and 9 needles.?This was the 1st one so I went with the PA's advice,but that's like 17$ a happymoment for 2 :) :D .Quite expensive but worth it,so I will be checking other Compound Pharmacys,I just want the quality to be consistant,and referrals from sites like this help!I found not many Pharmacys do these compond drugs but pricing varies allot.. :?
Thanks
mntman :|

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Littlejohn wrote:Actually, my urologist's prescription was for two vials each time; I'm not really sure why he chose that, but I don't plan to freeze one. I think the second vial will keep until I need it. I have now gotten 19 injections from one vial and will get at least one more. From my understanding, the Trimix should last at least six months refrigerated; however, I plan to use mine before six months have passed. I was both surprised and pleased that the prescription was for two vials per time with a total of six refills. I haven't tried to use my insurance yet, but I plan to do so. Littlejohn

I was given specific written instructions from Mayo Clinic for the Trimix: In the freezer it can last up to six months. It can be stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of 30 days. My prescriptions are put in 2 vials. One goes in the freezer, the other in the refrigerator. They suggest drawing out what I will use for 3-4 weeks and store the syringes in the refrigerator, and putting the vial in the freezer until you need some more. They also instruct not to thaw a vial more than three times. The total thaw time cannot exceed 30 days, in any event. The vials come from the pharmacy with the instruction to store frozen.

antelope

Postby antelope » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm still on my second vial of Trimix. I've had it for 9 months--always in the fridge--and it's as potent as ever. Just saying.

Greg
Baton Rouge
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 am

antelope wrote:I'm still on my second vial of Trimix. I've had it for 9 months--always in the fridge--and it's as potent as ever. Just saying.

Greg
Baton Rouge

My guess is that Mayo is being very conservative. Can't argue with first hand experience!

katsboytoy

Postby katsboytoy » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:10 am

Try, www.ecompoundingpharmacy.com ,for mixologists in you state/area. My insurance, which uses EXPRESS SCRIPTS for meds, they paid for the 1 vial of PROSTAGLANDIN 4ML with no questions asked. Found out the actual cost of the components was $1.25. That takes balls to have that mark-up.
71 yrs young. Widower. Seed implants in 97 (Last Woodie) for Prostate Cancer.
4/20/12 Started PGE-1,20 units. Now using 25.
8/10/12 Started Tri-Mix#9, 30 Units.
Kathie wants it 24/7....

Return to “Injections”