First time injection

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
trying72

First time injection

Postby trying72 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:21 pm

I am meeting with my urologist on 02 21 12 for my first trimix injection. My insurance carrier says that trimix is not FDA approved and therefore will not pay for it. Have any of the rest of you expereienced this? Also, do you have any suggestions for me to ask my doctor? Thank's

Cajun Jeff

Re: First time injection

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:14 pm

trying: it is fairly straight foward. Best of luck with your new sex life. :) I can tell you that injections gave my wife and I our love making back.

You may want to post this in the injection section.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

trying72

Postby trying72 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:25 pm

trying72 wrote:I am meeting with my urologist on 02 21 12 for my first trimix injection. My insurance carrier says that trimix is not FDA approved and therefore will not pay for it. Have any of the rest of you expereienced this? Also, do you have any suggestions for me to ask my doctor? Thank's

Just wanted to say that the trimix works fantastic, after leaving my doctors office I had as we used to say back in the 70's, I had a rise in my Levis, on the way home. It lasted for 2 hours. Injecting myself is a little challenging but the results are worth it. The feeling is better as compared with using the pump.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:58 pm

Congrats. Now you know why us prick stickers are so happy that we found the Rocket fuel.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

Spartan

Postby Spartan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:04 am

Welcome to the world of prickstickers! It works! :mrgreen: I agree with all of the above.

Regarding your trimix cost and insurance. My local compounding pharmacy is a provider for my prescription plan with Medco. Knowing the horrendous cost of the brand name drugs, I was concerned about how much the trimix would cost. I asked the pharmacy and was told that they would let me know, once they had run it through the computer with the insurance. It turned out to be $8.45 for 4 mL. That is less than my $10 copay which did count as part of my annual deductible. I understand that a lot of guys are paying up to $100 including shipping.

What the pharmacy told me is that their agreement with Medco only allows them to charge for the materials -- the price was set by Medco. They did tell me that it was the easiest claim they had processed that morning. I did save $$ by not having to have it shipped to me.

I'm only needing 0.05 mL per dose, so it only costs me about 10 cents plus 30 cents for the syringe for an erection.

mtnman

Postby mtnman » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Welcome to the pricks!LOL Just did one this am we both have smiles :lol: again,I am using quadmix,it worked at .06 lasted about an hour or more,it was best about 20 minutes after the shot.I just want to say how thankfull I am for technology.I still hope for some activity on my own but this makes the wait easier.Does anyone know if UHC covers these ,I called and they switched me to CV pHARMACY and I could not get an answer so I'll just send them a claim,the quad cost 109$ with syringes for 5mg.I'm not sure how many I'll get but it's worth it even if the insurance doesn't cover it.
mtnman :mrgreen:

dtwarren1942

Postby dtwarren1942 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 pm

My insurance, CVSCaremark, covers mine. If you are covered by an Emoloyer sponsored plan, it is up to the company to determine coverage. You might want to call your employer's HR health insurance department.

I also had a happy Sunday. However, after lots of foreplay and penetration, I was unable to orgasm. Not the first this has happened.
Age 81
Diabetic
Pumping
Started Trimix injections 8/'11

Return to “Injections”