TSA story

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
once a writer

TSA story

Postby once a writer » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:00 pm

I'm a long-time user of trimix and, more recently, quad mix. I travel regularly and internationally. I transport my filled syringes in a Frio cooling packet. (You can find several Frio threads on this site, as well as details about other cooling methods for travel.) I've always had a copy of my prescription attached to the exterior of the Frio pouch.

I've never had a problem. It's still accurate to say that, but I thought it would be worthwhile to share my experience returning from Mexico last weekend. This was the first trip ever in which I'd packed my syringes in a carry-on bag, rather than checked luggage.

Going through the Los Angeles airport customs process, my bag was randomly selected for opening and a full TSA search. I was present for the search. I had the Frio packet prominently visible on top my packed clothing. The inspector went to it right away. I called his attention to the prescription label. He said he would have to open the pouch. No problem, I told him.

For me, mild stress. Didn't expect any real trouble, but didn't want any extra bureaucratic hassle or delay, either. He opened the pouch, saw the four syringes and closed it back up. While doing that he clearly listened when I told him it was a prescription. At my prompting, he read the prescrip label. I think TSA trains these guys never to smile or engage in light conversation, so I didn't get any positive feedback during the process. No negative feedback either, and in the end, he zipped up my bag and gave it back to me.

For what it's worth, I think having the prescription label attached to the syringe packet simplified the process and minimized the hassle.

For me, the experience underscored things I'd read here on Frank Talk. Millions of people — diabetics and others — travel with syringes and those TSA inspectors encounter them regularly. For me, the 20-minute delay in LA, while not welcome, validated my expectation of how the process is supposed to work.

I hope this explanation might be of some benefit to newer users of injectable ED formulas.
Eugene, Oregon, USA. Born 1941. Married 1968. ED since mid-1990s. Began trimix January 2014. Dosage gradually increased over time. Added cock ring in 2016. After dosage reached 30 units, switched to quad mix in May 2018. On blood pressure meds.

happycamper59

Re: TSA story

Postby happycamper59 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:20 pm

Good story and good advice. Thanks.

I may be traveling with my trimix at some point in the near future, so I appreciate your story.
ED for 25 years. Went through pills and currently injecting Trimix. Implant is now scheduled for June 3! :D

Bigdog4all

Postby Bigdog4all » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:20 pm

Anytime I travel, both domestic or international, I always carry a doctors letter listing all my carry on meds or herbs and in the original bottle with labels. I have never had any problems what-so-ever. When I was recovering after back surgery.....I was heavy on Narco drugs......the original bottle with script and Dr list of meds made it all easy. I don't need one of them, I want to made your day inspectors with nothing to do %^&*(ing with me.
72, AMS 700 LGX. Married to an Angel. Discovered ED at 67. Path = Diabetic, Supplements, Pills, Needle, Pump, and finally AMS 700 (2-8-24).

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:24 pm

Good advice, but you can't be arrested for carrying syringes and a few ounces of a clear liquid that is not an illegal drug or explosive. But of course no one wants the delay of dealing with a TSA idiot, so it doesn't hurt to have your prescription available.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

Return to “Injections”