First time injection today

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
6gun 44 mag

First time injection today

Postby 6gun 44 mag » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:45 pm

Today, I went in to uro's office for my first injection of Alprostadil. He gave me .5cc to start. I was ok with the prick of the needle, no big deal. He left me alone, told me to rub the medicine in a bit.
Within 5 minutes, I had a 3/4 hard-on. If I had been home and was with the bride, it probably would have worked 75% good, about good enough to do some poking. He came back in 15 minutes and checked me out. He felt the hardness, and looked things over a minute. He advised me to wait till Friday, and do it on my own at home, using .75cc. I got a script for the drug to last me awhile and for 6 refills. He was stern about .75cc only, and only each 3 days. he wants to see me in 2 months again and discuss all this, and go from there. That is, if there are no problems in that time frame.
It was about 1/2 hour from the shot, till I was walking down to the car. By time I sat down in the car, the boner had returned to about normal flaccid size. That ache was present after about twenty minutes from the injection time, lasted maybe 20 minutes, but was tolerable, can live with it if it's not worse with the extra .25cc next time.
I figure it will take me awhile to get adjusted to the dose and learn to function again, regular sex around here has been lacking a long time, and since I do believe that "Rome was not built in a day", I will inject Friday morning and hope to ring some bells around here, ache or no ache. Life can be hard, then you die, but I think I'm on the track of the right fix now. If it just won't cut it, I'll go back and insist on Tri-Mix.
I'd sure love to talk to someone who had that ache to start out with, and saw it diminish in due time with regular use.
Thanks for all you guys's encouragement over the past month. 6 gun44mag (Bruce)

Cajun Jeff

Re: First time injection today

Postby Cajun Jeff » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Bruce, I use Caverject and get a slight ache as well. Nothing that is painful at all. I suspect that when you up the dose a bit you will get to full mast. For me a 1hr show is enough. :shock: I have the dose set at 12 units.

I have tried the TriMix it is cheaper and I get the same ache but the wood stays longer.

Sounds like your on your way to your new normal.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

jn1421

Postby jn1421 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Woo Hoo!!!
Good for you Bruce, glad you finally had the experience. When I use caverject, I get a pressure feeling inside, not sure if I would call it an ache, but suppose some guys would. My boners last about 2 hrs using it. I've tried Bimix and got the same results. Keep record of what works best and keep us informed. See you in chat.

Dave

6gun 44 mag

Postby 6gun 44 mag » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:03 pm

I got script filled today at pharm. A 6 cc bottle, good for 8 shots. I should be a satisfied customer by then I hope. Been a long haul to get here, hope the hill levels off now. Sat. AM is the first big try all by myself. Feel like a giddy kid trying out his first motor bike!!

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Bruce, did you get the script for Caverject or did you get the switch for trimix. If you got Caverject how much was that bottle and did you get it at the compound pharmacy.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

6gun 44 mag

Postby 6gun 44 mag » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:06 am

The stuff is not branded "caverject", it's just alprostadil. It was a compound pharmacy located in Manhattanm, Ks.. A different pharmacy, which is much closer to my home area (and is also a compound pharmacy) said they could not get alprostadil, and gave me the name of the one in Manhattan, which also was the one the urologist suggested I go to. 6 cc's of fluid, and 10 syringes and needles was 60 bucks, enough for 8 injections at the prescribed dose. If I get along ok with it I won't be complaining.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:41 am

thats not bad. Thanks for the info.

Cajun Jeff

cobber

Postby cobber » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi all you injectors I did try it out once and yes it did work and did ache for a short while but found it had to be injected in the right place I sometimes missed so it would,nt work my doctor was,nt good at the precise point so I am now trying Muse would like to know exactley where to inject-------Cobber

Julios

Postby Julios » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:00 am

Ive been using Trimix over a year now; 0.03cc is all I need with my mix (see below). I often get a dull ache after about 30 minute. But either I'm done by then or I've had a lot to drink and don't feet it at all. I believe its the that causes the ache, and that's why others use Trimix or Bimix. The papaverine in Trimix can cause fibrosis however.
Age 54
RP July 2010. All nerves spared on right, 25% on left
Pathology: T3b, Gleas 9, Pos Margins, EPE
Currently on ADT
Using Trimix successfully: 0.08ml; 20MCG Alprostadil 1MG Phentolamine 30MG/ML Papaverine

Return to “Injections”