Picking up Trimix tomorrow, First Time!

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
majkmil

Picking up Trimix tomorrow, First Time!

Postby majkmil » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi Guys,
I have been reading this forum for a couple weeks now and am thankful for all the knowledge and support. I have not had surgery or diabetes thankfully and I feel for you guys. My problem is mostly self inflicted with lifestyle when I was younger, lots of drinking and some drugs too. Alcoholism can really do a job on your testosterone (along with age of course, I am 54 and sober 10yrs.) so I am on TRT and this has really helped my libido and ED also but not enough. Oral meds help but hit and miss. So I talked my Doctor into letting me try Trimix. I am lucky we have a compounding pharmacy near me. Because I am on testosterone injections my doctor is letting me try it on my own. The pharmacist are very knowledgeable and helpful, they told me when I pick up my Trimix they will go over everything with me. Sorry about the long post but I thought my background was important. Since I can get erections most of the time but sometimes not strong enough for penetration and sometimes I just loose it during sex. The pharmacist recommended 30-1-10 formula but my doctor wrote 30-1-20. From what I read the last one is the one that can sometimes cause the pain. Since my formula is a little stronger on PGE1, and I think my ED is moderate what do you guys think is a good starting dose? I can do the first dose alone without the pressure of having to perform so if I start to low it won't be a problem. I really appreciate all the advice I already got from the forum and would welcome any help. Thank You

antelope

Re: Picking up Trimix tomorrow, First Time!

Postby antelope » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:42 am

All we can do here is tell you what we started with and where we went from there. Me? Doc started me at 30 units. I dropped to 20, then 10, and eased on down to 6 for a long time. Now at 2 units a pop. Best advice for you? Ask your doc and/or your pharmacist for their advice. They know a lot more about your situation than any of here and they are the ones who can give you competent medical advice.

Best wishes for hard times!

Greg
Baton Rouge
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Maj,

Since you are not sure if the PGE-1 will give you ache or not, just go with the stronger prescription for first try. It will usually mean a much smaller dose which will mean less Pap and Phent per shot. And of course it will mean lots more shots per bottle ... which is always nice. As far as how many units, if you have only some ED it is difficult to say. 5u? 2u?? Somewhere in that range ought to be safe and if not keep upping until you like what you get.

Good luck and report back soon !

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

majkmil

Postby majkmil » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks Guys, my doctor does not know that much about Trimix but is a very good general doctor and he spoke with pharmacist and they agreed upon the 30-1-20 formula. I was happy he took the time to call. I have spoken to two of the pharmacists and they are very knowledgeable with Trimix. I appreciate your responses and was just looking for a little hand holding I guess! The pharmacist first recommended 15-20 units but that was with the lower formula. I was thinking 10 unit or .10 cc. I should probably take your advice and try .05 but I hope to get a response, better safe than sorry. My prescription comes with a kit of swabs ans syringes, 5/16 , 30 gauge I think. As nervous as I am I can't see this hurting much and the dose is so small. So between 1-3 or 9-11 on the shaft somewhere from the base to not much more than half way to the head, sound about right? Plump it up a ltttle first then push the needle all the way in and push plunger slowly. I have done the Testosterone shots for a couple months now and getting used to the needle, it's 25 gauge and really doesn't hurt much at all. I'm picking up tomorrow so wish me luck and any further comments are welcome.
Thanks again
Last edited by majkmil on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antelope

Postby antelope » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Doc told me to insert the needle tip at right angles to the shaft about 1/3 of the distance between the abdomen and glans. INjections should be at 10:00 and 2:00 (on the shaft) and should be alternated between right and left sides. And never reuse a needle. Microscopic bits of blood and tissue will be introduced into the sterile trimix solution and then next time you could inject bacteria into your favorite body part--never a good plan.

After completing the injection, massage the shaft as if to spread the medicine up and down. Be sure you are standing at least 12 inches away from the wall by this time....

BTW, anything less than 10 units is a pretty small dosage.

Good luck and hard times!

Greg
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

majkmil

Postby majkmil » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Thank you for all the help. I probably won't be able to try it until this weekend. I will post with my results and see how it goes.

only 12 inches! lol

JimStars

Postby JimStars » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 am

Maj,

About waiting til the weekend .. well if that is when you plan to use it (for real) I'd advise a trial run today or tomorrow with 5 or 10u so you won't be surprised or disappointed when you really need it this weekend. Plus weekends are a zoo at the ER ...heh.

J
RP 2008 ... MUSE 2008-9 .. TriMix Gel 2009 .. Trimix 2009-2015 ... PGE-1 2016-2019 ..Misoprostal 2019 Onward. All worked.

Cajun Jeff

Postby Cajun Jeff » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:55 am

Jim your on target to MAJ. I also like doing to test run during the day time if possible when the Uro is in his office. You just never know.

Cajun Jeff
68 years old, Married 48 years. Prostate Cancer surgery 11 years ago. Tried Pills, VED, moved to injections (EdEx) for past 6 years. Implanted with AMS 700 LGX by Dr Hellstrom in New Orleans at Tulane Medical. 1/13/20

majkmil

Postby majkmil » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:45 pm

That's my plan, I'm going solo for the trial run and probably won't be able to try until Monday when I have the house to myself and the doctor is in. Only question remaining is 5 or10 units. Maybe split the difference?

NolaVette

Postby NolaVette » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:18 pm

My advice is to go low on the first try. I went with 15 units when I should have been using 8 units. After 4 hours we were preparing to head for the ER. Play it safe-you can always increase next time.

Steve
Age 55--Da Vinci prostatectomy Sept. 6, 2011
Nov. 7th, 2011-First Alprostadil injection-100% erection-1 hour- with pain
Using 7 units (.07 ml) Bi-mix with no pain
Things are working naturally now after about a year and a half. No more injections for me.

Return to “Injections”