When does Priapism become dangerous?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
DP5689

Re: When does Priapism become dangerous?

Postby DP5689 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:01 pm

k188181 wrote:Out of medical curiosity, what exactly are they doing to treat priapism? My understanding is that the doctor will "drain" blood from the penis but does anyone know the technical details behind this? Not that I have plans to do this myself, understand, but to actually know the process would be fascinating.

I would guess that a larger gauge needle, like a 25 gauge (?) would be used so that blood would flow into it more easily than a smaller gauge needle. I'm sure that you can't pull any blood through an insulin syringe...or if you can, it's an extremely slow process. Would the doctor then drain a certain amount of CCs or milliliters from the penis? Would the doctor drain blood from just one side or do both sides equally? Anyone know answers to these questions?

Phenphedrine injection is the first thing they try. You inject it the same way as trimix. I actually had a urologist prescribe me some after I had a 4 hour erection scare. Thankfully I've never had to use it. If the phenphedrine fails then they have to drain the blood.
Mid 30's. I have had ED for years after a couple of injuries. Suspected venous leak.

Robert66

Postby Robert66 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:14 pm

What mix and how many units are we talking about i am still trying for a 15 min errection
edex and tri mix 45/1/27 26 units

Sean762

Postby Sean762 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:23 pm

k188181 wrote:Out of medical curiosity, what exactly are they doing to treat priapism? My understanding is that the doctor will "drain" blood from the penis but does anyone know the technical details behind this? Not that I have plans to do this myself, understand, but to actually know the process would be fascinating.

I would guess that a larger gauge needle, like a 25 gauge (?) would be used so that blood would flow into it more easily than a smaller gauge needle. I'm sure that you can't pull any blood through an insulin syringe...or if you can, it's an extremely slow process. Would the doctor then drain a certain amount of CCs or milliliters from the penis? Would the doctor drain blood from just one side or do both sides equally? Anyone know answers to these questions?

Try a 14 gauge. And a TON of numbing shots around the base of your penis into the fat pad area where they put the needle in, then violently move it around at 90° increments injecting numbing agent.

Drained only one side on me....but it is still slow, LOTS of blood....wanna say 160cc worth in my case....and he's grabbing your dick with both hands with a death grip while also pushing it down into your public bone.

Horrific.

Return to “Injections”