What is the Biggest reason to not....

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
LookingUp

What is the Biggest reason to not....

Postby LookingUp » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:22 pm

What is your biggest reason to NOT move on the the final Option? Implant.

Not "it works for me" but fears, unknowns of the unknowable??? Why not just take the final step and be done with ED completly?

Thoughts?

LookingUp
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

antelope

Re: What is the Biggest reason to not....

Postby antelope » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:34 pm

Less invasive procedure (injection) that works is better than more invasive (implant surgery) that might be more convenient.

Surgery should always be a last resort for ANY illness, disorder, or booboo. Just my opinion, but one shared, I believe, by most medical practitioners, including surgeons.
Born 1948, wed 1969. BPH & Type II Diabetes at age 35. TURP-2002; ED even before that--diabetes. Cardiac valve surgery: 2007 & 2019. Poor results with pills. Started trimix injections in Nov, 2010. Great results from the very beginning.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pm

LookingUp wrote:What is your biggest reason to NOT move on the the final Option? Implant.

Not "it works for me" but fears, unknowns of the unknowable??? Why not just take the final step and be done with ED completly?

Thoughts?

LookingUp

Providing none of the other treatment options work, that would equate to asking me what the downside of winning the Powerball Lottery is. BUT only if NONE of the others work or, of course if you are developing Peyronie's or major scar tissue. Other than quit smoking, this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. :)

Larry

tomas1

Postby tomas1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:18 pm

If injecting still worked for me like it did in the beginning there's no way I'd think about an implant.
Everyone doesn't get Peyronies and scar tissue from injecting.
85 years
Inject testosterone weekly.
Implant on 1/22/19 by Dr Avila.
Scrotal, hor. incision just over 1"
18cm AMS 700 CX, 3.5cm RTE 100cc res
Gleason 6 prostate cancer. Monitoring it for now.
Update: On my last biopsies the cancer wasn't found.

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 pm

If non of the other.....
Thank you for your thoughts. Trimix works but at a cost. Mostly pain but also loss of spontaneity, support items required near by, risk of scar tissue. Ved gives me a wobble erection. Pills no longer week.

I guess .... I'll never know if I have enough data but I'll know when I've had enough of my current situation.

Thanks for all inputs.
ED 26 years. 1995->Pills->Shots->Implant penoscrotal Implanted Feb2021, AMS CX, 18 CM + 3 RTE, penoscrotal, 100cc reservoir. Looking forward to revision with a better Doctor.

FreddyFree

Postby FreddyFree » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:11 pm

LookingUp wrote: I'll never know if I have enough data

You'll know, when injections are so frustrating where there is no wood to please your woman or yourself. You'll know.
AMS 700 CX 18cm. x 12mm. With 3cm. RTEs. 10/10/18

LookingUp

Postby LookingUp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Thank you.

Stew52

Postby Stew52 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

FreddyFree wrote:
LookingUp wrote: I'll never know if I have enough data

You'll know, when injections are so frustrating where there is no wood to please your woman or yourself. You'll know.

After nearly two years of injections now, yr 1 Caverject and now nearly 1 in Tri-Mix, pumping enough chemical to keep a good erection to please the wife has not been a problem, but the burn/ache and my rising anorgasmia, maybe due to the chemicals???, is a quickly rising concern.
NOT an MD. 71, M51 yrs, CenTX US. Inj since 12/2016, a yr after pills stopped working. Caverject for a yr. 1/2018 Tri-Mix at 30 pap/2 phent/60 pge @0.3ml, now 0.5ml 80mcg/ml PGE1. DE/Anorgasmia setting in since 5/2019, worse now.

AnotherOldMan

Postby AnotherOldMan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:49 am

My biggest reason?
Still successfully using a VED. I would speculate injections are next step if/when pumping becomes too much a hassle.

At 75 there is not enough road in my windshield to opt for implant surgery. If I were 50 or even 60 it might be a different story, If I were single and on the hunt would also factor in the decision.
Married 50+ years. Use VED for sex and do
daily exercises with both water and vacuum pumps.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:01 am

LookingUp wrote:If non of the other.....
Thank you for your thoughts. Trimix works but at a cost. Mostly pain but also loss of spontaneity, support items required near by, risk of scar tissue. Ved gives me a wobble erection. Pills no longer week.

I guess .... I'll never know if I have enough data but I'll know when I've had enough of my current situation.

Thanks for all inputs.

When I was injecting it hurt like hell and the medicine burned going in. This plus, I had to inject 30 to 60 minutes before, was a total turn off and I was not able to orgasm. After the implant, the jizz is flowin' again. :D

Larry

Return to “Injections”